Out of bait, so here comes a can of worms.....

Yes, it was almost magical how overnight the Squadron elves jacked up the prices and made all of the worthwhile kits that were in stock, go out of stock.

In reality, it just ends up looking a lot more like a clearance sale of unwanted kits than a Black Friday sale. Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Squadron I scored lots of great items over the years and my fill rate was about 95%. I was spending 600-1000 dollars per black Friday event so we are talking a good bit of merch. The ones who missed out on stuff just were not fast enough.

The past few years, I've spent enough to get the 50% discount. However, due to availability, its gone from more kits to aftermarket items this past year. I did get their pre-Black Friday sale email this past weekend. I couldn't see the point in spending $100 to get the opportunity to shop their Black Friday sale early. I'm not sure they have enough in stock for me to partake of this years sale...

Rodney

It's just the standard ploy of raising prices, then having a sale that brings the price back to overpriced retail sales. A lot of kits of obscurities and leftovers that couldn't sell. I can't remember the last time I ordered from them. I get better products and prices from others.

Edited by Todd

It's just the standard ploy of raising prices, then having a sale that brings the price back to overpriced retail sales. A lot of kits of obscurities and leftovers that couldn't sell. I can't remember the last time I ordered from them. I get better products and prices from others.

I'm a sucker for obscure kits and esoteric topics - but not at inflated costs.

Where do you prefer to order?

I am hoping that Gordon at Sprue runs a nice sale. I have money I am more than willing to part with for some of the new kits...

-Jim

Has Sprue Brothers had a Black Friday or Christmas sale in the past? I know he occasionally puts some brands on discount, usually about 10%.

Rodney

The past few years, I've spent enough to get the 50% discount. However, due to availability, its gone from more kits to aftermarket items this past year. I did get their pre-Black Friday sale email this past weekend. I couldn't see the point in spending $100 to get the opportunity to shop their Black Friday sale early. I'm not sure they have enough in stock for me to partake of this years sale...

Rodney

Too bad their max discount this year is 35% (off MSRP).

Larry

I ended up placing an order with both Sprue Brothers and Squadron. Overall, I don't believe Squadron's sale was competitive but they had the Hobbyboss A-6E for $20 cheaper than Spruebrothers plus the 20% off. Everything else, I ordered from Spruebrothers. They included the DACO F-104 update set in the sale and I got a second set plus other odds and ends! My wish list is to get the new Viggen kit when it hits the US.

Rodney