What would you build.....

So after close to a 7 year hiatus, I'm setting up shop again.. Getting a mobile workbench set up which I can roll in and out of the house and what not. So.... After looking at all these boxed kits and resin sets I have in storage I ask myself, what should I build... I am a bit of an aftermarket junkie, however, being absent from gluing, filling, sanding etc. I may be feeling a bit rusty. I really would love to build up one of my Hasegawa Tomcats w/ an Aires or BB cockpit set I have.. so tempting! I have a Revell F-15E which is a really nice model and a simple build. No aftermarket office and maybe just wire the gears and bays a bit to dabble in detailing.. Wet my beak if you will...

So.. I think this might be a good idea but I ask for some opinions.. Start out simple or go all out.. I really missed being on this site and it's again great to see what you guys build!

- ED

I would build something that you would be happy with, with the least amount of AM. The more AM you add the more work and frustration you may run into. Then you don't finish it. The Hasegawa F-14's are nice but do take some work. I would say a Tamiya F-16 would be a good start. Some photo etch and decals is all you really need.

Ed,

Welcome back to the hobby.

Personally, for the 1st few builds, I would set my goals to focus on perfection of the basics, and building as close to a perfect OOB aircraft as I can. Once you're satisfied that you have the basics down to a science, then start to incorporate detailing and AM parts into your builds. Trying to accomplish too much too quickly, generally leads to frustration and disappointment in the finished model. The key for me since I returned to the hobby is all about the overall presentation of the finished model.

Joel