Janne,

Very nicely done canopy. Is that mounting method called out in the kit instructions, or you just pulled it out of your "Bag of Tricks" ? As for the what's next on your build list, you never came out and said I'm building this particular aircraft next.

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

Nope, the canopy comes with molded on hinges that fit into holes in the rear wall behind the seat. In reality however there are slits on top of the spine where the hinges are mounted, like I did them.

LoL, I said: "Yeah it's the 4-10... I'll start the thread when the viggen is done" You asked me :"For real?" and I responded: "Yup"

So I thought you were on board ;) That's why I was surprised you asked again.

Never mind...I've started on the Me while doing head scratching on the Viggen :P

Just realised how long this build thread has become, already 4 pages longer ghan my epic AJ build that spanned over a couple if years :P

Guess the interest in the subject resuted in more comments than usual, thanks for that :)

Nope still not done....a few things left. I've addressed the position lights and window seals today...sorry, no pics. Next it's the RAT and the weapons.....hope to get i done this week and a photo shoot coming weekend. Hope the time plan holds :)

OKi.....pretty much done now

The spine light....

IMG_2248_zpsnsanlhmd.jpg

Made some window seals from tape....

IMG_2249_zpsckzizcv9.jpg

Wing tip positioning light...yeah it looks a wee bit shoddy but it´s really small and my eyes gave out on me :/

IMG_2250_zpsubk2htd6.jpg

The new hatch for the RAT...

IMG_2251_zpsfncjuqaa.jpg

Detailed it abit with plasticard and then I adapted the generator from the maestro set to fit.

IMG_2252_zpsmktq3xjo.jpg

Wee bit of paint ....and oil wash.

IMG_2253_zpsm73objid.jpg

The generator got blades from dymotape protection paper and painted black :P

IMG_2254_zpst4wxqush.jpg

Glued...

IMG_2255_zpsmgq5k4q4.jpg

and in place!

IMG_2257_zpsznpv6ucr.jpg

Well that´s it really, next it´s weapons but the Viggen is done :P

Cheers!

Shouldn't the rat sit lower, be extended more from its little compartment, after all, it is attached to the hatch, and that "finger" on the hatch is there to accommodate the spinning propeller.

DSC9947.jpg

You can learn everything there is to know about Norwegian Stormpanservogner 'til saturday and give my little CV9030 a thorough trashing.. :-)

Anyway, forgot to mention it.. nice job!

Edited by erik_g

Shouldn't the rat sit lower, be extended more from its little compartment, after all, it is attached to the hatch, and that "finger" on the hatch is there to accommodate the spinning propeller.

DSC9947.jpg

You can learn everything there is to know about Norwegian Stormpanservogner 'til saturday and give my little CV9030 a thorough trashing.. :-)

Anyway, forgot to mention it.. nice job!

Yep, you're very right my eagle eyed friend :P

The reason being I superglued it in the wrong place and couldn't get it off again :P

Was hoping noone would notice...but you exposed my little transgression, didn't you? Darn you!

Janne,

Hard to believe that the journey is just about over. Just an outstanding build as your JA37Di Viggen looks absolutely fantastic. Should be even look better with the weapons added. As usual, I've learned a few things and a few new techniques along the way. Thanks my friend for taking the time to share your modeling skills with us.

Joel

Janne,

Hard to believe that the journey is just about over. Just an outstanding build as your JA37Di Viggen looks absolutely fantastic. Should be even look better with the weapons added. As usual, I've learned a few things and a few new techniques along the way. Thanks my friend for taking the time to share your modeling skills with us.

Joel

Hope y'all enjoyed the ride :)

Soon in a display case near you :)

Janne,

In one word: Outstanding :thumbsup:/>/>

The weapon loads really look great.

So the Viggen is in the books, and time to start the next model journey.

Joel

Not yet....have to do the photo shoot first :)