F-15E current load out.

Five racks would be a valid load out. They actually can carry a total of seven...One on each corner CFT station, one on the C/L station, and one on each wing pylon. I would seriously doubt that would be used in combat, but it is theoretically possible. I'm honestly not sure what they are carrying right now. It's been a few years now, but the last time I talked to a Strike pilot, they were not using SDB's because of unpredictable flight paths...They never knew when the bomb was actually going to hit the target. They must've corrected that problem.

Aaron

Five seems a bit much. I could be wrong. Maybe three at the most. That's twelve SDBs. That might even be overkill. You would think you want to carry other weapons that are suited for other targets - GBU-12 or GBU-38.

No meaning that the GBU-12 or 38 are better weapons. Just that unless you know you need twelve SDBs, you want to take a Swiss army kinife approach. Maybe carry one GBU-31 on the CL for a hardened target, a couple of BRU-61s, a couple of GBU-12/38s.

Another factor that needs to be considered is that are you really going to have time to designate and drop bombs on twelve inididual targets before you need to leave enemy airspace and either head back to base or tank. There might be scenarios - early Enduring Freedom - when air assets were limited. Twelve or more SDBs would have been handy but would likely require the Strike Eagles to tank and then return.

Another factor that needs to be considered is that are you really going to have time to designate and drop bombs on twelve inididual targets

Given the videos we have seen, it is likely that you can drop multiple SDBs in a pattern around a single designated target.