Question about Austro-Hungarian aircraft markings

I have a question about K.u.K. Luftfahrtruppen markings. I'm building a model of Stefan Stec's Albatros D.III.

According to his Wikipedia entry, from May 1918, "he was assigned to Flik 3J fighter squadron, flying the Oeffag D.III on the Austro-Italian front."

His aircraft was built by Oesterreichische Flugzeugfabrik AG (Oeffag), so it didn't adopt Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte markings by default. So, that suggests a Cross Pattée v. the Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte Balkenkreuz that was adopted in mid-April 1918.

The one drawing I found of this aircraft shows a white-bordered Cross Pattée, yet this article states "It was very common for Austro-Hungarian aircraft to carry unbordered black crosses on the wings and rudder, even over top of darker-colored camouflage patterns." As his Albatros was painted a green color v. the original varnished plywood, I doubt the original markings were present.

Is anybody aware of any primary documentation on this aircraft? In particular the rudder?

Alternately, can anybody shed some more light on topic?

Edited by David N Lombard