1/48 F-117 Decals, Desert Storm Line jets???

No offense to the good Colonel but are there any line jet markings from the 37th TFW during their Desert Storm deployment that aren't the Wing King bird? The Tamiya kit comes with markings for both of the squadron CO birds.

I know Two Bobs did the "Kosovo" campaign but I want to build a regular Desert Storm F-117....preferably 84-0812, 42 mission bird.

I have been working on these on and off for a while now (interestingly the weapons door art is well documented, rest of the markings not so)- if you can wait for a few months, I intend to change the status quo where "you can build your Desert Storm F-117 as any aircraft as you like, as long as it is 'Toxic Avenger'".

Edited by KursadA

Whoooa, You mean there was more then 1 F-117 in ODS?

Seriously though I'd love some F-117 markings for a Desert Storm jet in 1/72 :)/> Mission marks, weapon bay door art and everything :)/>

Edited by Thadeus

There was a very nice sheet by Cutting Edge (code CED 48025). The following options are on the sheet:

F-117 #817 «SHABA» from 416 TFS

F-117 #803 «Unexpected Guest» from 416 TFS

F-117 #833 «Black Devil» from 416 TFS

F-117 #836 «Christine» from 416 TFS

F-117 #818 «The Overachiever» from 415 TFS

F-117 #826 «Nachtfalke» from 415 TFS

F-117 shark mouthed F-117A #789

F-117A «Scorpion 1» demostrator from Groom Lake AFB (Area 51)

The first 6 options are all from ODS.

The sheet is really nice, although quite rare. That said they do turn up on ebay every once in a while.

Joerg

I have been working on these on and off for a while now (interestingly the weapons door art is well documented, rest of the markings not so)- if you can wait for a few months, I intend to change the status quo where "you can build your Desert Storm F-117 as any aircraft as you like, as long as it is 'Toxic Avenger'".

OK, I can be patient...

I'm guessing you've seen this site then;

http://www.markstyling.com/f117_1.htm

Pretty good look at the bomb bay art (not the most talented of squadron artists...) and the associated Serial Numbers for several of the jets.

Here's another site I came across that lists the 37 TFW aircraft in theatre with their "bomb door names";

http://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/f-117.html

If you're not among the unclean, members of the Black List ®, you might be able to by one from His Imperial Highness Dave Klaus himself :)/>

Black_List_Button_Lowres.jpg

I walk amongst the privileged...

haa haaa...

I did go there for a look, no dice. That is the sheet I initially searched for, scarce.

I have been looking forward to a sheet like this for ages, as I think that the door art on Col Whitley's aircraft is one of the worst from that time period. Could you also release it in 1/72, as again the Cols aircraft is usually to only option from ODS.