CD48067 - Mirage III in Australia

The RAAF Mirage sheet was successful beyond belief, so I will be scaling it down to 1/72 scale as well : again printed by Cartograf. Stay tuned for a product number assignment & announcement in a month or so.

Great news Kursad, thanks very much for doing this. Congratulations on the success of your 1/48 Mirage IIIO sets.

regards,

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Hawkeye Models received these sheets today, we have bagged and tagged them and they are ready to for sale :)/> they look awesome!

Thanks

Peter Davis

Hi Peter

Is this the same Hawkeye Models out of Australia. I was on that web site and no mention of the decal sheet.

Hi Chris,

As Ray has pointed out yes this is unfortunately the case with the website, update will be made to it in the coming weeks, long story, in the mean time please drop us a line at peter@hawkeyemodels.com.au for further information and to get a PayPal invoice sent out :)/>, we have $3AUD flat rate post or Caracal Decals in Australia also.

Thanks Ray!

Regards,

Peter

Edited by Peter Davis

Kursad,

I received my sheet direct from you a while ago, thank you!!

Regards the white "INERT" markings for the AIM-9's, would you consider doing a 1/2 or 1/4 sheet in 48th scale with this, and maybe some other common Australian weapons markings? The same weapons have the same markings on A-4's for example....

Thanks again,

M

Hi Chris,

As Ray has pointed out yes this is unfortunately the case with the website, update will be made to it in the coming weeks, long story, in the mean time please drop us a line at peter@hawkeyemodels.com.au for further information and to get a PayPal invoice sent out :)/>/>, we have $3AUD flat rate post or Caracal Decals in Australia also.

Thanks Ray!

Regards,

Peter

Thanks for the info Peter. Sent you PM.

So...do you think a second RAAF Mirage III sheet would be a good idea?

I confess I badly misjudged the demand for the subject in the first sheet, and resellers are demanding a reprint. It looks I may have to do a reprint before the end of the year. Since the stencilling and number sheets will be common, releasing a second sheet would be fairly straightforward.

There are enough units and some experimental schemes (plus that other crazy ARDU scheme); and I could come fairly close to covering almost any RAAF Mirage III. I might even throw in a few those mythical "INERT" markings that the Aussies have dinged me for missing in their forum review ;-) Let me know what you think.

Edited by KursadA

I confess I badly misjudged the demand for the subject in the first sheet, and resellers are demanding a reprint. It looks I may have to do a reprint before the end of the year. Since the stencilling and number sheets will be common, releasing a second sheet would be fairly straightforward.

There are enough units and some experimental schemes (plus that other crazy ARDU scheme); and I could come fairly close to covering almost any RAAF Mirage III. I might even throw in a few those mythical "INERT" markings that the Aussies have dinged me for missing in their forum review ;-) Let me know what you think.

You have my support all te way! :thumbsup:

Yes, Yes & Yes. :thumbsup:/>/> :thumbsup:/>/> :thumbsup:/>/> I don't know how many options you have left to do. I'll buy them for sure. Could I suggest that you consider some of the other nose artwork for the two seaters (IIID) like "Daphne de Dual" - this is a rather famous bird here.

If you do them we'll put them to good use. :rolleyes:/>

SAM_0862_Edited_zpsulzfxbkw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Now available at Sprue Bros. As far as I know, it is sold out almost everywhere outside Australia (Hawkeye), and Hannants has not received their shipment yet. Get one while you can - a reprint is still a few months away.

Now available at Sprue Bros. As far as I know, it is sold out almost everywhere outside Australia (Hawkeye), and Hannants has not received their shipment yet. Get one while you can - a reprint is still a few months away.

Thanks for the info !

Ordered a few minutes ago !

:worship:

SharkOwl

• 2 weeks later...

The sheet was available at Hannants yesterday. I said "was", because it sold out in a day; before I had a chance to post a message about its availability here. You can see that it is among the top 10 sellers list at the main page now, just based on one day of sales.

Sprue Brothers still has the sheet in stock. You can get one there if you do not want to wait until the reprint and the second sheet, which should come out at the same time.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just received a re-stock of 200 sets of CD48067. About 100 of these are already spoken for, so I have 100 available.

The first run of this sheet sold out within days.

These are shipping now. Those of you ordering from outside the US and who would like to order these with the new set (CD48097 - RAAF Mirage IIIO Part 2) might want to wait until that sheet is ready for preorder sometime next week. But if the first set is all you need for now, you can get one now.

Caracal Models CD48067 - MIrage III Over Australia Part 1

Edited by KursadA

I take it that you're referring to CD48097, the second sheet that will be available for preorder next week. For various reasons, I will be revealing the contents of this sheet only when it is available for preordering. The decals are ready and are sitting here on my desk, and the instructions should be ready in a couple of days. Rest assured that it is a very nice sheet with some very interesting RAAF options I could not add to the first sheet. Markings for Daphne de Dual, several experimental schemes etc. Even the INERT AIM-9 markings which were an oh-so-critical omission in the first sheet are there ;-)

I take it that you're referring to CD48097, the second sheet that will be available for preorder next week. For various reasons, I will be revealing the contents of this sheet only when it is available for preordering. The decals are ready and are sitting here on my desk, and the instructions should be ready in a couple of days. Rest assured that it is a very nice sheet with some very interesting RAAF options I could not add to the first sheet. Markings for Daphne de Dual, several experimental schemes etc. Even the INERT AIM-9 markings which were an oh-so-critical omission in the first sheet are there ;-)

Very nice, there will be a couple being ordered here. :woot.gif: