thunderbird groung crew uniforms color question

when the crew and birds are at home. is the ground crew only. is uniforms the thunderbird red ( insignia red )or the standard camouflage uniforms. and does the birds have its own photograph crew that covers ground and flights. and travel with and if they do if what color is their uniforms.

when the crew and birds are at home. is the ground crew only. is uniforms the thunderbird red ( insignia red )or the standard camouflage uniforms. and does the birds have its own photograph crew that covers ground and flights. and travel with and if they do if what color is their uniforms.

OK...I think I know what your asking.

The TB groundpounders wear a dark blue work uniform, I'd probably paint them Flat Insignia Blue, they don't have an Insignia RED uniform at all. The pilots have a red, white or dark blue flight suits.

The squadron does have its own assigned photo and video crew. Watch here;

http://petapixel.com/2014/07/09/go-behind-scenes-air-force-thunderbirds-official-photographer/

Edited by 82Whitey51

OK...I think I know what your asking.

The TB groundpounders wear a dark blue work uniform, I'd probably paint them Flat Insignia Blue, they don't have an Insignia RED uniform at all. The pilots have a red, white or dark blue flight suits.

The squadron does have its own assigned photo and video crew. Watch here;

http://petapixel.com...l-photographer/

Whoa! They have white flight suits? Never seen those. SWEET! I have seen the red and blue ones, though.

Whoa! They have white flight suits? Never seen those. SWEET! I have seen the red and blue ones, though.

Ever see the Blue Angels yellow (aka Banana Suits)flight suits?! :banana:/>/>

xlq5gquslgstdqclmpid_zpsdac26898.jpg

I haven't seen any recent pics of them in the white. I remember them as a kid when they were in T-38s wearing them, they may be gone and the red ones seem to come out on rare occasions...if you see the pic of the Solo ejecting he is in red. They used to have a gray suit that they wore back at Nellis.

thunderbirds-f-105-01_zps9cadb80f.jpg

w2Tbird-50thOfficers_zps2154b4f8.jpg

Grey-flight-suit1200-632x420_zps32fdacef.jpg

Follow this link (Thunderbirds support team images) for some photos I took at RIAT in 2007. They might prove useful. In answer to one of your questions, the T-birds have a dedicated audio visual and media team who record all their displays

Regards,

John

Ever see the Blue Angels yellow (aka Banana Suits)flight suits?! :banana:/>/>/>

xlq5gquslgstdqclmpid_zpsdac26898.jpg

I haven't seen any recent pics of them in the white. I remember them as a kid when they were in T-38s wearing them, they may be gone and the red ones seem to come out on rare occasions...if you see the pic of the Solo ejecting he is in red. They used to have a gray suit that they wore back at Nellis.

thunderbirds-f-105-01_zps9cadb80f.jpg

w2Tbird-50thOfficers_zps2154b4f8.jpg

Grey-flight-suit1200-632x420_zps32fdacef.jpg

Yeah, I saw the Blues bust out the banana suits for their first post-sequestration demo at El Centro. I like them. Very striking. Now that I see the T-Birds with white flight suits, I'm not sure I really care for them. They're kind of bland. I do like the red ones. That gray one, though. Wow...that one is just plain sweet. That one just screams "bada$$." Love it.