Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS with Paasche VL cup?

• 3 weeks later...

If it's been working for years, chances are that a new cup will solve the problem. Maybe it's just worn down a bit from constant use and removal/insertion.

In the meantime you could try putting a wrap of masking tape around the connection on the cup.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

If it's been working for years, chances are that a new cup will solve the problem. Maybe it's just worn down a bit from constant use and removal/insertion.

In the meantime you could try putting a wrap of masking tape around the connection on the cup.

Bob

If it is a metal tube, melt some solder around the tube where it slips inside to restore the diameter, the soft solder will be easy to sand back to the right size plus it will form a good seal. It may not be permament but it will keep you going until a more permanent solution

Les

Blue Nose,

Man, I had trouble with that darn cup staying in my Paasche double action VL airbrush from the get go when I bought it new. For the longest long time, I just took and wrapped some teflon tape (plumber's tape or pipe sealant) around the end of the cup tube. I just had to be careful to not cover up the tube and end up blocking off the paint flow. I did finally solve my problem all together. I went out and bought me a Paasche VLS double action airbrush and pretty much mothballed my VL brush. The VLS is escatly the same as a VL with the only difference being that there is a threadable socket (that is what the "S" stands for) on the airbrush that threads into the color cup, jar or bottle. I ruined one paint job on a 1/48th scale Academy Blackhawk helicopter when the cup came out of the old VL brush and I said right then "no more for this man". I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Do you only use the Paasche cup when you paint, or do you also use the bottles or whatever comes with the Iwata airbrush. The reason I ask, is that it may be an issue with the airbrush. If you only use the cup, since it's a Paasche, the cup may have been microscopically bigger than the Iwata receptacle. You may have wallowed out the inside of the airbrush receptacle. In that case, a new cup may not solve the problem. You may have to do like sonnyken suggested and use plumbers teflon tape. I don't use Iwata airbrushes, so this is just a guess at what your issue may be. Good luck!!!