To go right along with all the other "what do you" threads, is there any specific music you guys listen to while at the bench? Me personally, I try to listen to music from the period of the model I'm building, so say it's and F-84, I'll listen to tuff like Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, old Johnny Cash to kind of build inspiration. Let's hear what's on the radio!

Bill

When building WWII Soviet subjects I like to listen to Shostakovich or Prokofiev.

Much of the time I enjoy good 70s-era prog rock. On a big Gentle Giant kick right now, plus ELP, Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson and early (pre-sellout) Genesis.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

This is a subject that never gets old! :D In my case, it depends on the mood I'm working in. Sometimes I get a lot more done in silence, although I have found that occasionally listening to stuff I don't really like actually helps focus on the task in hand -anyone else get this?

YouTube is the greatest thing EVER for working to music: just about everything just a click away! I'll mostly stick to classical (opera/symphonic/whatever) or '70s/'80s rock.

seems to stoke the fires a bit at the moment... Edited by ChippyWho

If I'm not listening to music, I like to put the Military Channel, History, Discovery, or something similar, and just listen to it while I work. That keeps me in the mindset to focus on the particular subject I'm working on. For instance, when I built my 1/72 Mercury/Redstone, I had the Discovery program 'When We Left the Earth: The NASA Missions' playing in the back ground.

It will vary anywhere from classical to WWII to 60s, 70s and 80s. Sometimes I might put on some CDs of things I recorded off of A.F.R.T.S. during Vietnam, sometimes even an audio book. It just depends.

I listen to The Phil Hendrie show pod casts, The still untitled Adam Savage project, Different NPR shows. Then I was different shows on Netflixs (doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Sherlock and the Blacklist) I don't listen to music too much when I work, it makes me want to leave the bench and grab one of my guitars play.

Ah yes...one of my favorite questions. My musical tastes are pretty much all over the map, so when I'm building, I can be found listening to anything from Van Halen to 2Pac to Godsmack or Disturbed, with Depeche Mode, Pink, Incubus, OneRepublic and oh, I don't know, maybe Imagine Dragons or Green Day thrown in there, too. As you probably can tell, I don't really have a favorite genre of music.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

I am a metalhead so usually there's all sorts of different sub types of this music playing in the background... But I've lately noticed, that my productivity increases when I listen to Pink Floyd - The Wall, Division Bell and Dark Side of the Moon albums having best effect.