1/18th F-14A " Black Knights " Tomcat

Let me start out by saying that this did not start out as your traditional "model kit" and I did not build it. It is a pre-built / finished model released by JSI International LTD. It was their second release, of their F-14 Tomcats, in 2011 and since I'm nuts about Tomcats I had to have it. Their first version was a very poorly finished VF-84 F-14A, released in 2009. I am currently converting the VF-84 F-14A into a VF-103 F-14B, which can be viewed in the " In-Progress Pics " forum if you so choose.

I was much happier with their paint job on this second version that I chosen to leave her as is, kind of a BEFORE and AFTER versions if you will. I did do a couple of modifications however, first I added a Pilot and RIO and custom painted their helmets in VF-154 livery and added kneeboards to the aircrew. I also painted the CCG ( Computer Control Group ) of the GBU-16's flat brown.

I hope you all enjoy the photos and don't mind that I posted this here, thanks.

Steve

IMG_4295_zps313214eb.jpg

IMG_4296_zps3d74be35.jpg

IMG_4287_zps286e9c29.jpg

IMG_4290_zps945626c9.jpg

IMG_4286_zpsb27a37a1.jpg

IMG_4283_zps5b05bab9.jpg

IMG_4277_zps2660ac50.jpg

IMG_4279_zpsbd8abd46.jpg

IMG_4297_zps706f891d.jpg

Oh yeah...like that version much better than the VF-84 option!

Quick somebody take his temperature, he's got to be running a fever....that or someone find a red head that looks like Scarlett Johansson to give him an alcohol bath :woot.gif::whistle: Forget it I AIN'T volunteering.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Yes, the card table is 40" x 40".

Thanks Chuck, I'm very much looking forward to the completion of " Round 2 " as well.

On a side note, my mom has been in hospice care for the last 3 weeks so there has been no time for modeling per say. I've tried a few times but, my mind wanders too much to concentrate.

Steve

• 9 months later...

...Steve,

STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS TOMCAT..

SHE LOOKS THE BIZ !

LOVE IT... :wub: :wub:

KUDOS :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

{ hope your MOM got better and all the best.

I know how you feel as MY MOM has been in hospital for almost 3 weeks now }

• 3 months later...

Working on a new display for my 1/18th scale " Black Knight " Tomcat. Here's a teaser shot. The base is 43" X 40". The box stands 41" tall. The top will be done with water and that carrier will be incorporated as well. Stay tuned ...

IMG_4878_zpsy1rqo7ck.jpg

Steve

• 3 months later...

The display is finished, finally !! The only thing left to do is get an acrylic cover made to keep everything dust free. I'm very happy with how everything came out and I think it makes for a nice "ready room" display.

To bring everyone up to speed with this project,

Let me start out by saying that this did not start out as your traditional "model kit" and I did not build it. It is a pre-built / finished model released by JSI International LTD. It was their second release, of their F-14 Tomcats, in 2011 and since I'm nuts about Tomcats I had to have it. Their first version was a very poorly finished VF-84 F-14A, released in 2009. I am currently converting the VF-84 F-14A into a VF-103 F-14B, which can be viewed in the " In-Progress Pics " forum if you so choose.

I was much happier with their paint job on this second version that I chosen to leave her as is, kind of a BEFORE and AFTER versions if you will. I did do a couple of modifications however, first I added a Pilot and RIO and custom painted their helmets in VF-154 livery and added kneeboards to the aircrew. I also painted the CCG ( Computer Control Group ) of the GBU-16's flat brown.

Everything you see here I did myself, except for the water which I had never done myself, I had help with that. The carrier was added to the scene, the stand on which the Tomcat sits on, the items that hang on the sides of the display and, the box and all the trim. Quite the project but, well worth it IMO. I hope you all enjoy the photos and thanks for following along with this.

Steve

IMG_5114_zpsvfh1fbiy.jpg

IMG_5115_zpsma0tfcvs.jpg

IMG_5116_zpsi2rdr1ue.jpg

IMG_5117_zpswyql2ivn.jpg

IMG_5118_zps5ppmhpzd.jpg

Beautiful presentation Steve. A nice focal point for the room. :thumbsup:/>/> :thumbsup:/>/>

Thank you very much for those kind words John, very much appreciated.

Steve