Rick's Greneda M151A2 Truck Build. build.

Both of the above trailers are too big for an M151A2. The right trailer comes in a different Tamiya M151A2 kit or Academy's M151A2 Hardtop kit. It was the M416 trailer, which was an updated WWII jeep trailer.

M416 trailer.

000_0210.jpg

In kit form...

132563-10911.jpg?nr=35130&company=tamiya&name=m151a2%20ford%20mutt

or...

201312262200052-800x600.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

I must been miss lead . I saw this on back of the box .Thought That be cool .

I guess this be in my stash ...

What model do I need for this kit .

What about my accessory set?

Rick

unnamed.jpg

Edited by infofrog

Either of the above Tamiya or Academy kits have the proper trailer. Your accessories are OK. The bags are a little dated since they are from WWII, but will still work. The Tamiya Modern US Military Equipment Set is a better option. You can use everything but the sleeping bags, CIP panels, and the MRE boxes. All of theses are more modern items.

Tamiya-1-35-Scale-Model-Kit-No-35266-Military-Miniatures-Modern-U-S-Military-Equipment-Set-2003_700_600_5TWQ0.jpg

If you can find their older Modern US Accessory Set, it is appropriate for the early '80s with the right MRE boxes and other pieces. The only item not usable in this set is the M60E3. It was only used by the USMC, not the US Army.

tamiya-35141-1-35-us-modern-army-assorted-field-accessories-ammunition.jpg

As a bonus, both of the above Tamiya accessory sets have decals for the ammo cans too.

Edited by HeavyArty

Looks pretty nice. The weathering looks good. I would replace the antenna though. It should have no kinks in it and should be dark green with a black spring at the base end. The antenna itself should be 2 3/4 inches long. Also, do you plan on adding the spare tire.

The antenna base w/spring.

m151_a2_25.jpg

Thank you Gino

I maybe ready for top clear coat

decals and Then little weathering

Enjoy

Rick

004-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

004-5.jpg

006-3.jpg

Tamiya missed some details. The 82nd guys all had Kevlar helmets, not the old WW2 steel pots Tamiya provided for the driver and gunner. The only Army troops that had the old helmets during this operation were the Rangers (never understood why the Rangers had the old stuff and the 82nd had the new helmets).

Also, I don't think these trucks ever mounted .50 cal's. Should have been M60's. I was told the recoil from a .50 was too much for such a light vehicle.

Looks pretty nice. The weathering looks good. I would replace the antenna though. It should have no kinks in it and should be dark green with a black spring at the base end. The antenna itself should be 2 3/4 inches long. Also, do you plan on adding the spare tire.

The antenna base w/spring.

Yes I have it finished , just not glued in .

I ask for that Tamiya Humvee for Christmas . Now I have place for my trailer

Rick

Tamiya missed some details. The 82nd guys all had Kevlar helmets, not the old WW2 steel pots Tamiya provided for the driver and gunner. The only Army troops that had the old helmets during this operation were the Rangers (never understood why the Rangers had the old stuff and the 82nd had the new helmets).

Also, I don't think these trucks ever mounted .50 cal's. Should have been M60's. I was told the recoil from a .50 was too much for such a light vehicle.

Yes , there is three sets of helmets . I grab the wrong ones. another OPPS.

This just a simple build , with minor upgrades.

Enjoy

Rick

You want to use the second set on the left in yellow, under NATO .50 cal. ... for the .50 cal ammo can on the gun.

For the two cans on the fenders, you want the top left ones under NATO 7.62mm ...

Edited by HeavyArty

You want to use the second set on the left in yellow, under NATO .50 cal. ... for the .50 cal ammo can on the gun.

For the two cans on the fenders, you want the top left ones under NATO 7.62mm ...

HeavyArty

Those Archer decals are very nice .

I also order that ammo kit you posted . Be here next Monday . Can I used them on this build ?

Also I ask for that Humvee kit for Christmas . Will they also work with that kit too ?

Thanks

Rick

My antenna is little thicker than I wanted . I don't have any other brass or wire size . Its straight now and I add a spring .

I installed decals for the ammo boxes . Those Archer decals are very nice .

Enjoy

Rick

048.jpg

047.jpg

046.jpg

045.jpg

Edited by infofrog

Looking good. The ammo can decals really add life to it. Great job. If you mean the Tamiya Modern Military Accessory sets, yes, they can also be used on a Op Gothic Serpent (Black Hawk Down, Somalia '93) HMMWV, with the same limitations on the few gear items listed above as newer. The same items were not around in '93 either.

Thank you HeavyArty for all the help. I could not did this with out the help from you .

Rick

Will this been a nice build . I highly recommend this model kit . Tamiya US Utility Truck M151A2

I will post more photo's in the

Enjoy

Rick

004.jpg

018.jpg

thank you 11bee

I posted the finish photo's in wrong display thread .I ask a Mod if they would not mind moving it to correct thread .Mod has move to correct form .Thank you

Finished model , with photos

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=280697

thank you

Rick

Edited by infofrog