Australian cricketer Dies.

MY sympathies and condolences to PHIL HUGHES family, friends and his Australian team mates who passed away after being struck by a cricket ball while batting. I was watching the game at the time too.. :crying2:/>

Sad news ..he was great team player... He Will be missed.. :pray:

To the Australian modelers who like cricket ..I am sorry you lost a great player in such circumstances ...

Rest in Peace Phil. :salute:

http://www.aol.co.uk/article/2014/11/27/phil-hughes-australian-batsman-dies-aged-25/20999744/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cukt1%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D310635

Edited by HOLMES
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow! I do not know the game of Cricket but I am a baseball fan and played much in my younger years. I guess I'm curious to what the ball looks like, its composition and how it is thrown. Getting hit in the helmet hard enough to cause death has got to be some serious velocity and mass.

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Wow! I do not know the game of Cricket but I am a baseball fan and played much in my younger years. I guess I'm curious to what the ball looks like, its composition and how it is thrown. Getting hit in the helmet hard enough to cause death has got to be some serious velocity and mass.

The ball is made of leather and is very solid, slightly smaller than a baseball. He was actually hit just below the helmet line near the base of the skull as he turned to avoid being hit. Helmets have since been modified to have guards in the area on the lower head/neck where he was hit.

10 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

The ball is made of leather and is very solid, slightly smaller than a baseball. He was actually hit just below the helmet line near the base of the skull as he turned to avoid being hit. Helmets have since been modified to have guards in the area on the lower head/neck where he was hit.

Thanks. Terrible death and my condolences to all of you who follow the sport.