Adriano Souza's Flanker

Adriano,

Beautiful job on the Flanker! In what color-order did you lay-down that camo job ... also, did you use tape, or how did you define the layout?

Every time I see a great Su-27 build like yours, makes me want to start another one.

Again, great job!

Thanks B-58

I used a 1mm masking tape to make the outlines because it curves a lot easier and applied directly on the model using a reference pic, didn't have to draw it first. White came first (overall) them i masked the area of both grey and black and airbrushed the grey color (even in the areas that was supposed to be black) - After that i masked the grey area and painted black. Hope it helps

cheers

Thanks B-58

I used a 1mm masking tape to make the outlines because it curves a lot easier and applied directly on the model using a reference pic, didn't have to draw it first. White came first (overall) them i masked the area of both grey and black and airbrushed the grey color (even in the areas that was supposed to be black) - After that i masked the grey area and painted black. Hope it helps

cheers

Sure does. Finding a tape that will curve like that and still burnish down well makes all the difference!

Thank you, Adriano.

All the best,

Bill