Aftermarket Decals for Trumpeter 1/48 A-37A Dragonfly

There has been several decal sheets put out buy Super Scale and bu Aztec decals, I also think ZOTS did a sheet. They where made for the Monogram 1/48th scale kit, but I'm sure they will work on the Trumpeter kit since. The trumpeter decals are so wrong anyways.

There has been several decal sheets put out buy Super Scale and bu Aztec decals, I also think ZOTS did a sheet. They where made for the Monogram 1/48th scale kit, but I'm sure they will work on the Trumpeter kit since. The trumpeter decals are so wrong anyways.

Think pretty much all of those are for the A-37B

Hmm..Was this version used in Vietnam by multiple units? It seems to me that -B was the predominant version, but I don't know much about the combat record of the type.

In 1967, 39 T-37 trainers were modified as the A-37A. Wing hardpoints were added, a minigun in the nose, etc.

25 of these were sent to SEA for CAS, FAC and night interdiction missions in Vietnam and Laos under the name "Combat Dragon".

With the success of these, new build A-37Bs were ordered by the USAF under "Combat Dragon II".

Given only 25 A-37As went to SEA and largely for active combat evaluation, I suspect only one unit had these operational.

Marc B.

Edited by Modelmkr