Removing paint on Takara 1/144 AH-1W kit

Hi. I need advice on how to remove the paint on my Takara 1/144 AH-1W (got it for a trade) kit. Tamiya, Gunze lacquer thinners and even Magic stripper won't work. Anyone?

My friend who traded it did a different way. Maybe anyone out there have some other techniques? Or just apply primer over it and then paint?

Thank you

Drop it in a zip lock bag, and cover with Brake Fluid, it'll be clean by the next day.

The paint should just wipe off, when cleaned with soap and water.

I would not recommend trying to strip with any type of Lacquer or paint thinner, Lacquer thinner surly will melt your plastic.

Curt

Edited by Netz

Spejic, isopropyl alcohol will do? How about the clear part? I guess I should spare the clear part. As you know guys, this is a pre-painted, assembled kit.

Yes, I used 91% but I'm not sure it matters much. I did it to the clear parts as well, and I don't see any fogging or other damage.

I disassembled mine, but if you want to do that it might be better to do it after the paint is removed.

Yes, I used 91% but I'm not sure it matters much. I did it to the clear parts as well, and I don't see any fogging or other damage.

I disassembled mine, but if you want to do that it might be better to do it after the paint is removed.

-alcohol did not work on mine. Maybe because I only use 70%. Disassembling the kit might be hard for me though. The kit is too freakin' hard! I guess this is a vinyl.

I'll try other ways to remove the paint. Thanks for the tips!

• 3 weeks later...

Wege, it is glued together. I used a brand new razor blade to disassemble mine. And while I did get it apart. I also managed to curse up a 'wild blue streak' and get some nice cuts to my fingers. It was not an easy process.

Matt