Apollo Saturn LUT by LVM Studios 2015

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

here are some news from the latest LVM Newsletter:

"Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn project:

As you may have seen on Telford or on the internet we made a prototype for this project to test the assembly, parts layout and several new techniques. In the mean time we have been busy with the main design, setting up a marketing plan, securing budget, etc.

We decided to use Kickstarter as a marketing tool and as funding for the project. The Kickstarter campaign has a limited number of full kits available (1/144: 10 pieces, 1/96: 4 pieces and 1/72: 1 piece). There will be also an extra pledge with which you collect your kit in person at the Scale Model World 2015 in Telford UK on November 7th together with a diner with the team of LVM Studios. The Kickstarter campaign will start in a few weeks and we will notify you in time! We hope you share the campaign on social media!

As told already we are on the Scale Model World 2015 in Telford UK and our stand will be dedicated to the Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn project. We will have a fully finished Mobile Launcher on display with a Saturn V in 1/72 scale (total height more than 160 cm).

From November 2015 the kits will be available and due to the high cost of a full kit we decide to split up the model kits in several parts. This way the model kits will be available to a larger public and you can purchase parts for your mobile launcher as you go.

Well that's it for now! As soon as we have more news about new products and/or the Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn project you will hear from us again. If you have questions about this newsletter please do not hesitate to contact us at: newsletter@LVM-Studios.com"

Holy moly! 1:72 total height more than 160 cm, this sounds like modeling madness. omgsign.gif

Edited by spaceman
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

this is a good question, but should be answered most by Leon van Munster (LVM), because it is not entirely clear.

In their Newsletter is announced, to present a fully finished Mobile Launcher on display with a Saturn V in 1/72 scale (total height more than 160 cm) at the Scale Model World 2015 in Telford UK. :rolleyes:

A Mobile Launcher means for me the launch platform with the LUT (surely without Saturn V). :coolio: But a display is not the launch platform. :woot.gif:

Edited by spaceman

Hi Chris,

this is a good question, but should be answered most by Leon van Munster (LVM), because it is not entirely clear.

In their Nesletter is announced, to present a fully finished Mobile Launcher on display with a Saturn V in 1/72 scale (total height more than 160 cm) at the Scale Model World 2015 in Telford UK. :rolleyes:/>

A Mobile Launcher means for me the launch platform with the LUT (surely without Saturn V). :coolio:/> But a display is not the launch platform. :woot.gif:/>

:wave:/>

I'm still a little confused. The kit "should" be the pad and the tower? Do you have a picture you can show me?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

more than the posted picture of the prototyp of the LUT tower does not yet exist, therefore, everything else is just speculation. :woot.gif:

And as you can see on the pic, the first three levels of the tower are made of PE parts and styrene profiles.

Avs9Ba.jpg

Source: LVM Studios

So we have to wait until the LVM expresses it. :whistle:

Edited by spaceman

I'm still a little confused. The kit "should" be the pad and the tower? Do you have a picture you can show me?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris, the kit will be the pad and the tower complete. Everything but the Tractor Crawler and the Saturn V!

Cheers, Geno

Chris, the kit will be the pad and the tower complete. Everything but the Tractor Crawler and the Saturn V!

Cheers, Geno

Geno,

Thanks for your reply. That would be very cool. I have the Dragon Saturn V kit, and it would look naked standing alone. How many levels would the tower be? If you are correct, this would be the configuration during a launch? A 1/72 crawler would be nice. There's the paper one out there, but that wouldn't interest me.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hi Guys,

now I've got an official response from LVM. The kits will be the Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn, this includes the MLP and LUT. The Crawler is not included. :thumbsup:

Apollo%20Saturn%20V.jpg

Source: NASA

Now we know what's going on, for sure, except for the prices. up040577.gif

Edited by spaceman

Hi Guys,

now I've got an official response from LVM. The kits will be the Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn, this includes the MLP and LUT. The Crawler and the Saturn V are not included. :thumbsup:

Apollo13andLUT-638x600.jpg

Source: LVM

Now we know what's going on, for sure, except for the prices ... :rolleyes:

Edited by spaceman

But about the likely prices you probably know nothing, right? :dontknow:/>

:wave:/>

It's not going to be cheap. They will release it in several sections so you can build it as you can afford it. They do not know the final cost yet!

Cheers, Geno

PS. Start saving!

Hi folks,

LVM hast started their Kickstarter campaign for the Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn model kits with a short nice trailer! :coolio:

4mJUGU.jpg

And now the prices are known: :woot.gif:

1/144: Pledge 600 € or more - 10 Kits - 4 backers (6 left of 10) (MSRP 720 €)

1/96: Pledge 1.300 € or more: 4 Kits - 1 backer (3 left of 4) (MSRP 1.440 €)

1/72: Pledge 2.000 € or more: 1 Kit - 1 backer (All gone) (2.160 €)

Estimated delivery Nov 2015!

Good Luck! JC_doubleup.gif

Edited by spaceman

Hello Guys,

meanwhile all kits for the special prices are already gone and the funding goal of 10.000 € has already been exceeded with 13.310 €. :coolio:

Edited by spaceman

Hey Guys,

here is a first feedback I've got from LVM Studios for information:

Hi all,

Fantastic!!! All pledges with model kit have gone and within 6 hours after launch we already got fully funded. A big thank you to our backers for helping to get this product released!!!

Some people asked us why so expensive? It will be huge model kits, the height of the smallest kit is already over 80 centimeters and the largest version will be over 1,6 meters high. Also it is not a model kit which will sell 10.000 units as space subject are more of a kind of niche market.

For the less fortunate modellers we have divided the kits in 9 smaller kits which enables you to build the Mobile Launcher and purchase additional kits as your mobile launcher build progresses.

If you have any feedback or comments feel free to contact us.

LVM Studios

Edited by spaceman

Hi all,

Because the limited edition kits sold out so quickly LVM and its distributors and dealers have decided to add extra rewards to the Kickstarter campaign. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/325925916/mobile-launcher-apollo-saturn-model-kit

The rewards are part 1 of the Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn kit in the scale 1/144, 1/96 and 1/72 to get started with the kit

We want to thank all our backer for their support, without you guys it would not be possible!!!

LVM Studios

Edited by LVM Studios
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...