Apollo Saturn LUT by LVM Studios 2015

Hello folks,

LVM Studios have kept their word and had presented in Update No. 26 a first prototype of the LUT with the levels 0 to 140. top2.gif

Ff1kyj.jpg
Source: LVM Studios

The beginning looks quite interesting, although I thought that they would show a finished tower after two years. At least I would have expected that they also present the Mobile Launcher. rolleyes.gif

So there is still plenty to do ... up040577.gif

Edited by spaceman
  • 2 months later...

Hello LUT friends,

I have asked Leon van Munster today on the kickstarter page, what happened in the last eight weeks since the Telford fair, or wether LVM is still in winter sleep ...  schlafend3.gif

Edited by spaceman

Hello everybody,

as Leon has emailed me today, November and December have been busy months for LVM (hopefully with the LUT) ... top.gif

After he was also still grabbed by the flu, he is now again on his feet and will post an update this week.  a040.gif

Then we will wait and see. up040577.gif

Hello guys,

there are news from LVM, which today have presented their Update No. 27, in which from now on monthly updates are announced. cool.gif

First, there are some close-ups of the last shown prototype, among others like this one from the Inner structure of the first floors up to Level 80 including stair ways etc..

sDmLS8.jpg

2EtzuQ.jpg

1jBequ.jpg

Here the LH2 pipes on the Side 3 and the carrier structure for the Service Arms on the Side 1,

q4FJk8.jpg

oXdODD.jpg

as well as further details on this side.

yMu2nf.jpg

Subsequently, there are a number of CAD drawings after a new design review, among others from the improved ECS piping on Side 2 and also from the new designed water supply construction, which you look at yourself best. top.gif

The design of the main structure of the tower (platforms, vertical beams, stairs, etc.) has been finalized now. Now one will continue further with the Service Arms, Walkways and  Hammerhead Crane. up045518.gif

It's going forward, but still a lot remains to be done. up040577.gif

Edited by spaceman

Hello everybody,

after I asked at LVM after three-month intermission up043952.gif on 4 June whether there is any progress or only problems, to which there was no answer so far, yesterday was humorlessly presented Update No. 28, which is equivalent to a revelation. shocked.gif 

The core statement of the boss (Leon van Munster) is simple and poignant:
"The project will be delayed further as I have not as much time to continue the work on the project as before." smiley_worship.gif

Meanwhile I also believe, that LVM have overtaxed oneself and presumably also totally miscalculated with the LUT-project, what LUT-Guru Mischa Klement already suspected some time ago ... yikes.gif

• 7 months later...

Hello everybody,

I asked Leon van Munster again today, because it looks like it's time to say  Goodbye ... up043952.gif

Hi Leon,

please tell the backers honestly the further perspective for 2018, or has the LUT project been canceled? 

It's best to get unpleasant things over and done with. 

Regards,

Manfred

Now I am waiting for his answer ... hmmm.gif

Edited by spaceman
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello LUT Fans,

Leon seems to have heard my shot across the bows  yikes.gif because today came his answer to the backers in Update Nr. 29.

His key message at the end is: The patient is still alive and should be resuscitated in the near future! up040577.gif

This said it is NOT that LVM Studios has abandoned this project. It is still alive and I hope in the near future to bring the Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn kits to reality!

Well then, hope dies last ... JC_doubleup.gif

BTW, I reminded him of his words at the beginning, as he said, that LVM wanted to offer individual kits and asked him, whether they can already deliver the first 4 kits, Mobile Launcher Base and details, as well as Level 0 - 140hmmm.gif

It's impressive to see what has been done to this point.  I have the LVM TMA set and one day I'm looking forward to doing the set justice.   

However, why not make the LUT out of injected molded plastic and/or resin to get this project further along and a place available to a larger client base.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-03-17 at 8:05 PM, swimmer25k said:

It's impressive to see what has been done to this point.  I have the LVM TMA set and one day I'm looking forward to doing the set justice.   

However, why not make the LUT out of injected molded plastic and/or resin to get this project further along and a place available to a larger client base.  

I whole-heartedly agree. I’ve been watching the snail’s pace progress on this project for years.  I’ve wanted a Saturn/LUT stack for display for “decades”.  Unfortunately, my interests have moved onto other space modelling projects and this combined with the very real fact that once completed, this kit will costs hundreds and hundreds of dollars dictates that I will never buy one. 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:04 AM, Dr. Jones said:

I whole-heartedly agree. I’ve been watching the snail’s pace progress on this project for years.  I’ve wanted a Saturn/LUT stack for display for “decades”.  Unfortunately, my interests have moved onto other space modelling projects and this combined with the very real fact that once completed, this kit will costs hundreds and hundreds of dollars dictates that I will never buy one. 

Exactly.  I'm go To have a hard time figuring out the time (and posses the skill) to build the TMA launcher I already have.   That kit was $400 not including the New Ware rocket, which was $100 when it first came out.   To me it it'll probably end up being cost prohibitive ($1000+) and such a  huge project that the return on the investment won't be there.  I hope I'm wrong.  

• 1 month later...

Hi LUT friends,

in the Spring Advertising 2018 Part I by Andromeda24 states:

LVM is currently no longer producing kits. They continue to work on the Launch Umbilical Towerup040577.gif

The Part II contains this message:

Dqph3l.jpg

Everything stays different ... up040577.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello LUT community,

as it looks like LVM seems to have switched off their lights, gut.gif especially because since a few days one cannot reach the LVM website anymore. shocked.gif

Also my attempt to reach Leon van Munster via email at store@lvm-studios.com was unfortunately in vain: No valid MX hosts found!!! smiley_worship.gif

This inglorious end according to the motto: It's better to make a painful break than draw out the agony ... smiley_crazy.gif is for all, but especially for the LUT backers, to whom I unfortunately also count, in addition to the financial loss in total a huge disappointment. yikes.gif

That's not the fine Dutch way, Leon ... up043952.gif

Boy making these LUT kits is a losing proposition. First Launch Complex Models and now LVM Studios. At least I have a LCM LUT in the stash, even without the complete set of instructions it is pretty amazing!

Dave

Hello everybody,

once again in memory of the beginning of the LVM LUT project in 2014, when € 14,271 was funded by the backers, and the LVM promise:

From November 2015 the model kits will be available from our dealers and distributors. yikes.gif

Kickstarter's Terms of Use 4. How Projects Work that govern the agreement between creators and their backers, reads:

The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers. up045518.gif

Edited by spaceman