Doesn't matter, a geek is a geek :)

That's what the missus thinks. When I was going to IPMS meetings or when I'm able to get out to a build night ( not often due to my schedule :( ), the missus says, "Going to your geek meeting?"

That's what the missus thinks. When I was going to IPMS meetings or when I'm able to get out to a build night ( not often due to my schedule :(/> ), the missus says, "Going to your geek meeting?"

LOL... Why can't you be hanging out in bars or stripclubs with the rest of the boys, instead of doing that silly hobby of yours?

Avgeek...Well OK fine, I now find myself tagged with another moniker, that has a crossover in class; by that I mean I'm also called a railfan (yes I go out watching locomotives from UP,BNSF the ones in SoCal :D ), and the non-flattering foamer (so called by railway employees), they're the same only one gets wide-eyed when he/she sees aircraft the other when he/she sees a Railway locomotive (ie GEVO, AC 6000, GE Dash 9-44CW). I would imagine there are those who do the with seagoing craft. Whatever the type of transportation it's vehicles will have fans....who can't see enough of them.

LOL... Why can't you be hanging out in bars or stripclubs with the rest of the boys, instead of doing that silly hobby of yours?

This exactly!

I get to do enough of that at work. We do regular, but unannounced, walk-throughs of such establishments with investigators and enforcement officers from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. I get paid to go to strip clubs and bars! :woot.gif:

Edited by AX 365

Avgeek...Well OK fine, I now find myself tagged with another moniker, that has a crossover in class; by that I mean I'm also called a railfan (yes I go out watching locomotives from UP,BNSF the ones in SoCal :D/> ), and the non-flattering foamer (so called by railway employees), they're the same only one gets wide-eyed when he/she sees aircraft the other when he/she sees a Railway locomotive (ie GEVO, AC 6000, GE Dash 9-44CW). I would imagine there are those who do the with seagoing craft. Whatever the type of transportation it's vehicles will have fans....who can't see enough of them.

Clif...I am a railfan as well :-)

Avgeek...Well OK fine, I now find myself tagged with another moniker, that has a crossover in class; by that I mean I'm also called a railfan (yes I go out watching locomotives from UP,BNSF the ones in SoCal :D/> ), and the non-flattering foamer (so called by railway employees), they're the same only one gets wide-eyed when he/she sees aircraft the other when he/she sees a Railway locomotive (ie GEVO, AC 6000, GE Dash 9-44CW). I would imagine there are those who do the with seagoing craft. Whatever the type of transportation it's vehicles will have fans....who can't see enough of them.

Clif, my older brother has become infatuated with watching cruise ships(especially Disney's) since he's gone on a few cruises... Most of the ports have multiple webcams ...

-Gregg

• 1 month later...

We (Avgeeks) make the news again:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/30/travel/feat-north-korean-airline-aviation-enthusiasts/

How cool is that? Flying on an IL-62. I'd be all over this if it wasn't for the fact that my money would be supporting one of the Axis's of Evil. Wait - is North Korea still on the AoE list? Haven't seen any updates since George stepped down.

Anyway, pretty cool idea nonetheless.