XB-70 Book by Dennis Jenkins & Tony Landis

Last two sentences:

"White alo told his staff that the Eisenhower Administration believed that no large sums of mone should be committed to the B-70 program before the prototype had proven itself. It was the beginning of a slow death."

How are pages 40 and 42?

Edit: Do you have "American believed that the improved thrust and specific fuel con-" at the bottom of the inside of page 41?

No.

Page 41 inside bottom has: were not interchangeable. As far as the F-108 was concerned, North. What you said is at the top right column on page 41. Page 42 starts chapter 3.Page 40 is fine.

Steve

Huh, curious as to what our respective editions/printings are? Mine's listed as 2004.

My edition is missing the end of the sentence at the end of p.41, but the sentence spanning the columns on p.41 is complete.

My p.IV has a 2004 copyright, ISBN 1-58007-072-8 & Item #SP072. It also says "Printed in China"... :bandhead2:/>

I can't find anything that indicates 1st or 2nd or nth printing.

My edition is missing the end of the sentence at the end of p.41, but the sentence spanning the columns on p.41 is complete.

My p.IV has a 2004 copyright, ISBN 1-58007-072-8 & Item #SP072. It also says "Printed in China"... :bandhead2:/>/>

I can't find anything that indicates 1st or 2nd or nth printing.

Mine says the same thing. It's the hardbound edition. Was there a softbound issue?

Steve

Mine says the same thing. It's the hardbound edition. Was there a softbound issue?

Mine is also hardbound. I do have Jenkin's Warbird Tech Vol 34 book on the XB-70 as well. Come to think of it I have a LOT of his books.... :)

According to amazon.com there was also a paperback release published in 2008:

Hardcover: ISBN-13: 061-9051000725 ISBN-10: 1580070728 Edition: First Edition

Paperback: ISBN-13: 978-1580071307 ISBN-10: 1580071309 Edition: First Edition

In trying to find if there was a softbound release I stumbled upon this site, it searches by ISBN and lists books for sale with prices:

http://www.isbns.net/isbn/9781580070720

Neat little site explaining ISBNs:

http://www.wikihow.com/Understand-an-ISBN-Code

Do yours have a provocatively clad Barbara Parkins on the inside back cover?

Small color pic on the front inside flap of the dust cover. Did not know her name, she had quite a career as an actress.

edit: assume you mean this one?

north+american+xb70+bucher+fb.jpg

Edited by habu2