Anybody knows the whtereabout of the wo Commanche prototypes?

Edit:sorry for the typos. Ipad screen keyboard sucks...

This just struck my mind, and a search on google didn't yield satisfying results.

AFAIK Boeing built two flying prototypes of the RAH-66, and I wonder how their stories continued adter the project was cancelled. Did they find shelter in a museum or was the boneyard their fate?

Maybe someone has more infos?

Thanks!

Edited by ChrisRRR

Were those the helicopters featured in an episode of Orange County Choopers? Neat aircraft, but apparently not neat enough for the US Army...too limited for scout mission, IIRC.

I like their theme bikes usually, but the one that OCC did for that episode looked cheesy.

Both Comanche (RAH-66) prototypes are safe and sound in storage at Ft. Rucker. I have had the pleasure of sitting in both and the cockpits are quite different. It would have been interesting to see where this platform went had it gone into production. Vince, there was also a non-functional mockup and I'm betting that is what you saw on the truck a few years ago. The Comanches have been at Rucker since at least 2007.

Ray

Here are some pics I have taken of them over the years at Rucker. Quality is a bit variable.

P1040185_zpsd3943ef5.jpg

DSC_0167_zpsad610457.jpg

DSC_0169_zps9873d828.jpg

DSC_01652_zps2533c5e0.jpg

PICT3165_zps36edd35c.jpg

PICT7537_zps43483bff.jpg

PICT1712_zps9b7718eb.jpg