Academy 1/48 P-38L

This morning I finally finished my build of the Academy 1/48 scale P-38L. For those that might be interested there is a full build blog in the "In Progress Pics" forum @

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=279335

Here's a bakers dozen of the finished P-38L

Joel

P-38J12_03_14_217.jpg

P-38J12_03_14_219.jpg

P-38J12_03_14_224.jpg

P-38J12_03_14_223.jpg

P-38J12_03_14_215.jpg

P-38J12_03_14_214.jpg

P-38J12_03_14_211.jpg

the final set of pictures is in the next post.

Thanks

Joel your P-38 turned out beautiful. NMF schemes are always tough but you knocked this one out of the park. Thanks for sharing your build techniques as well in you WIP thread.

Falcon20driver,

Thanks so much for your more then kind thoughts. You've been a constant voice of encouragement from day one of the build, and it's been much appreciated. In a few days the next build starts: the GWH 1/48 scale F-15C. Really looking forward to it, as the kits looks incrediable.

Joel

JA

Fantastic build and a spectacular NMF. For your first try at it, it came out just awesome.

Aces on the P-38 :thumbsup:/>/> :thumbsup:/>/> :thumbsup:/>/>

Bro

Pete,

Thanks for checking out the final pics. 1st time with a complete NMF, but of course it came out pretty good, I used your time proven method.

Joel

Absolutely stunning build, Joel! Gorgeous metal finish too :D/>

Janne,

Coming from you, your compliment means quite a lot. Thank you my friend.

My next build is none other then the GWH F-15C. The kit is loaded with detail, and looks fantastic. Gonna be a fun build for sure.

Joel

SWEET! Great job Joel. Your NMF tuned out really good and the overall build is terrific.

Chuck

Chuck,

Thank you so much appreciating my efforts throughout the build as well as the NMF on the P-38L. As I I said, it was quite a learning experience guided by my brother Peter, who your familiar with on LSP. His 3 1/32 scale P-51Ds are in a class by themselves.

Joel