I like where this is going.

There outta be a museum thread for box art, or is that asking too much? :|

+1 for that. Every time I look at this thread I start to cackle away. My wife thinks I'm losing it.

Love it. I'll have to go through my stuff to see what I have.

Cheers

Paul

Not necessarily "bad" art but I found the captured moment in time so humorous I had to get the kit. I may have to get a 1/72 P-40 and do a diorama of this. The Opel Blitz Hovertruck with the P-40 chase plane:

roden710reviewgp_box.jpg

You will also need a skeleton of a T-Rex for that diorama :whistle:

To be fair, the box art on the Trumpeter kits does accurately reflect the shapeliness of the contents inside...

On the "Super Fighters" F-16 vs. Su-27 box: Which scale is it, 1:48 or 1:72? They have both listed!

To be fair, the box art on the Trumpeter kits does accurately reflect the shapeliness of the contents inside...

HA! I was thinking the same thing - at least the canopies...

On the "Super Fighters" F-16 vs. Su-27 box: Which scale is it, 1:48 or 1:72? They have both listed!

I have this kit (set), the F-16C is the Revell 1/48 kit and the Flanker is 1/72. Note the Flanker kit inside looks as bad as the box art... :rolleyes:

Not necessarily "bad" art but I found the captured moment in time so humorous I had to get the kit. I may have to get a 1/72 P-40 and do a diorama of this. The Opel Blitz Hovertruck with the P-40 chase plane:

roden710reviewgp_box.jpg

Here's an idea for your next group build....box art!

There's a bunch of Airfix builds (sorry, I don't have the link) replicating much of their older box art - really well done, and extremely interesting. Someone might have a link - it's really a fun concept.

I've been piddling around with these things for 60+ years and the box cover paintings don't mean that much to me. The boxes protect the parts until I've finished the kit, any parts not used are separated into my spare parts stash at which point the box gets trashed. (well not all of them. I've got a bunch of bagged kits hanging on a peg board in the hobby room and I keep some empty kit boxes to store the parts when I open a bagged kit and start building)

"Commencing strafing run... guns armed: CHECK... gear down:CHECK..." :bandhead2:/>

I am not a Me109 expert but,there is so much wrong here don't know where to start. landing gear is too short, props are not long enough to be noting more then a high horse power fan, That canopy may be big enough to fit the pilot's head and the nose is so big that is the engine n it was that size it would nose over on the ground!