See anything, I dunno, missing in that image? :)/>/>

It wasn't necessary. It can fly without it. :rolleyes:/>

I have never looked to close at the lightening but it looks pregnant to me.

Edited by Wayfarer 30

See anything, I dunno, missing in that image? :)/>

If you are speaking to the lack of guns in the belly, I think 74 squadron got interim F.6s which lacked them (I believe the fwd gun pack was still being developed when the F.6 was ready for service).

Cheers

John

If you are speaking to the lack of guns in the belly, I think 74 squadron got interim F.6s which lacked them (I believe the fwd gun pack was still being developed when the F.6 was ready for service).

Cheers

John

Not the guns, he's speaking about the lack of horizontal stabs.

I know someone already mentioned the Hobbycraft LSD period but this was particularly haunting:

263000-11104-11.jpg?nr=hc1592&company=hobbycraft&name=mig-27%20flogger%20india%20iraq%201592

The Almighty himself is going to pop up from behind those cloud and put the misshapen Flogger out of his misery.

247895_2_l.jpg

For his own good, the box artist was never allowed to get any closer to the model than this.

Then there's:

fj2bt.jpg

Let the X-32 jokes begin!

132979-12858.jpg?nr=3508&company=zvezda&name=t-60

"Having successfully set fire to a toy truck, the Heroes of Communism tiptoe on the snow through the miniature village."

Edited by Bonehammer73

Anyone got a copy of Monograms OA-4M box art that had MARINEIS on the tail?

I have the Revell-Germany boxing #74020 but it looks correct to me. The color demarcation line runs through the left side of the "S" and I can see how it might look like "IS" but looking closely it is correct.

Surprised no one has mentioned photoshopped box art on Revell's F-14D:

revell-f-14d-tomcat-fighter-jet.jpg

It wasn't necessary. It can fly without it. :rolleyes:/>/>

I have never looked to close at the lightening but it looks pregnant to me.

That's what happens when you start shoehorning extra fuel capacity in any way you can. Even the flaps on the Lightning had fuel tanks in them :)

But are the parts included in the box?? Are they listed as optional in the in instructions?

Yes they are, which is good as they weren't optional on the real thing :)/>

Edited by Mumbles
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with that F-14 box art.

When it was released many people commented that the markings had been photoshopped on a jet from another squadron to match the decals in the kit. IIRC there was a thread about it a while back. It's a good photo, but altered for the kit.

When it was released many people commented that the markings had been photoshopped on a jet from another squadron to match the decals in the kit. IIRC there was a thread about it a while back. It's a good photo, but altered for the kit.

Ah ok, I get you now.

Not necessarily "bad" art but I found the captured moment in time so humorous I had to get the kit. I may have to get a 1/72 P-40 and do a diorama of this. The Opel Blitz Hovertruck with the P-40 chase plane:

roden710reviewgp_box.jpg

What is that on the ground next Opel Blitz ? looks like some rests of a pterodactyl ?

SouthViper

This would be my choice for worst kit box art

I always thought that the subject of the kit was supposed to be the "star" (if you will)

The only thing that I can think of when seeing this art is that it was the artist's last day and he wanted to stick it to Airfix.... (who were up against a deadline and had no choice but to go with the art work).

LIGHTNINGF1_zps5bb387cb.png

Cheers!

John

Airfix may have been tapping into a newsreel/news paper image going around at the time. There's a shot of an English farmer watching a Lightning crash in his field , complete with pilot riding the seat.

4702722915_6a44bb4b7e.jpg

Edited by majortomski