I remember making that puppy as a kid.

Ditto! I got it from my aunt Judy and uncle Ken as a birthday present. I don't remember the difficulty level but I think I put it together in about 2 hours. I think I was 12 or 13. Paint? HA! Tube glue ruled the day.

I wonder what that insta-win video game is....

It was a weird promo where you got a scratch ticket in the box. If you were lucky, you could win a full size arcade game machine! But there were other prizes as well. I guess Revell was trying to embrace the new "fad" and try to get kids to buy more models!

A somewhat ironic tie-in considering how many dinosaurs on this site perpetually lament "video games" as a main cause for the impending "death of the hobby"

It was a weird promo where you got a scratch ticket in the box. If you were lucky, you could win a full size arcade game machine! But there were other prizes as well. I guess Revell was trying to embrace the new "fad" and try to get kids to buy more models!

A somewhat ironic tie-in considering how many dinosaurs on this site perpetually lament "video games" as a main cause for the impending "death of the hobby"

Whats a "dinosaur"?---John, old as but not older than dirt!

Ha ha - just a jibe really. A dinosaur is hard to define but we all know them when we see them. Age is not the only factor. But pretty much anyone who laments the "death of the hobby" is likely a dinosaur.

Thanks, so there can be progressive thinking younger dinos? I am 62

and loved playing 8 bit Mario, I hate being labeled, way too much of

that and it is very polarizing, I don't mind some good clean ribbing

but some people goo too far, It's a shame. Thanks for the explanation,

I getcha!---John

Oh damn. That's actually kind of awesome, though I imagine the happiness of winning an arcade machine quickly wears off when you have to decide where to put it!

56f197cc89.jpg

I'm sure Flankerman is weeping somewhere.

44fe2cd419.jpg

I know Condor was going for an eye-catching "actiony" feel, but I can't figure out why the camouflage looks so...grungy. Or why it's glowing white.

44fe2cd419.jpg

I know Condor was going for an eye-catching "actiony" feel, but I can't figure out why the camouflage looks so...grungy. Or why it's glowing white.

It was stationed near Pripyat in April of '86.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to nominate another winner - Aeroplasts F-22!

133430-10189.jpg

This just rocks on all levels. :-)

Cheers,

Andre

Oddly the kit itself seems to be unsure what it wants to be. It upper fuselage tries to resemble the production Raptors while the bottom looks like the YF-22. Very strange. I'd buy one just to see what the finished model would ultimately look like. :lol:/>

Artist's impression: the proposed Sea Raptor with floats under the wings for buoyancy, seen here in a ditching attempt.

Nah. It's not ditching, it's spearfishing.

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

That was a favourite flight sim of mine for years, although I never quite mastered carrier landings.

I was 8 when USNF came out in the Fall of 94. I followed it up with every expansion and franchise that followed. TBH, I don't think THEY ever made the carrier landings right. That being said, my first landing was with the A-7E, and after many years I found that plane to be the easiest to plant on the Ike.

BTW, the reason I asked is because the F-22 box art reminds me of the F-22N in USNF. IIRC the navalized F-104 drew me into this game as well.

Edited by Exhausted

These 80's Testors boxing are just as uninspiring as those Minicraft/Hasegawa ones of the 80's. The table is more interesting - looks very nice.

5179hNqBPpL.jpg

Here's an even more ugly box art of the bug. What carrier is that? Notice the line up of bugs on the deck, all in the prototype paint scheme.

HC%20HC1353%20F-18.JPG

You don't happen to have the kit number for that F-18 do you?

Edited by midnightprowler

Here's my submission. The infamous F-14D Fighting Falcon U.S. Air Force Trainer. :rofl:

BoxFront.jpg

Made in China by a company called Zhengdefu. It's actually a model of an F-14A with some issues. The plastic looks cheap, but the detail isn't that bad. Having said that, there are some inaccuracies, e.g. the molded gun vents are for the F-14A model and are located in front of the gun blister . :D The clear parts are, umm ... clear! The kit includes both F-14A & B-D exhaust nozzles - a bonus! It looks like it only contains an F-14A chin pod. I imagine the decals are unusable, as they look like they've been printed with a very cheap inkjet printer.

Edited by JohnS