Something about this always struck me as off. Maybe its the volleys of cannon rounds coming out at a jaunty angle.

227520-11185-17.jpg

The "cannon rounds" are the least of that image's woes.

The perspective is right out the window in every way.

The nose narrows far too much and so is unrealistically pointy.

The engine air intakes are too wide.

The exhausts are too far from the fuselage and there wouldn't be flames shooting out as the CF-100 had no afterburners.

Edited by Kevan Vogler

How do you Americans pronounce 'SonoBuoy' ???

Aah, thank God you asked this, Ken!! I was wondering the same thing when I saw the comments regarding that box art. ☺ Be it in English English or American English the pronunciation of this word has bothered me. Same goes for the word "buoyancy"!

Finally found it! Built this one as a kid...

fw_190_zpsoypkeoi3.jpg

I remember something odd... mind you, the FW 190 was mean enough as it was, with that massive radial power plant. Then they took it too far with the introduction of afterburners, as seen in the box art photo. So much power that the wings wouldn't stay on! Mind you, after building that kit, I remember that the left wing on the box art did closely represent the warp of the kit parts.

Cheers,

Mark.

fw_190_zpsoypkeoi3.jpg

I remember something odd... mind you, the FW 190 was mean enough as it was, with that massive radial power plant. Then they took it too far with the introduction of afterburners, as seen in the box art photo. So much power that the wings wouldn't stay on! Mind you, after building that kit, I remember that the left wing on the box art did closely represent the warp of the kit parts.

Cheers,

Mark.

Yeah. You didn't know that! Only the flat black 190 "night fighter" midget version had the afterburners. Everybody knows this.

How do you Americans pronounce 'SonoBuoy' ???

As you call a Buoy a Boo-ie - do you also say Sonno Booie ??

Just curious.

Ken

PS - We say in the mother tongue 'Boy' snd 'Sonno Boy'

PPS - Same goes for Buoyancy - do you say 'Booie Ancy' ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buoy

I say it like this---so, no, boo, eee

Edited by john53

fw_190_zpsoypkeoi3.jpg

....Aaaaaand we're back!

That's a cool box cover. It plays well on the fact that a young boy's imagination automatically associated the Luftwaffe as black knights. I think even the young would be able to cross check that one online if it was released today.

True! But hey, I was all of 6 then. Saw it on the shelf, and my dad knew by my reaction that we're going to be building this one, no argument.

Mind you, given that I ended her shelf-life with a good ole firecracker behind the engine, perhaps the box art isn't completely wrong afterall...

• 2 years later...