13 minutes ago, jonwinn said:

Didn't ask for your help---don't like it ignore it....I sure will you!!!!!

Understood. My humble apologies. Clearly I misinterpreted this as a question and made the stupid mistake of searching for and posting a picture to show you what it was:

"What is the plane this Chinese Ji 5 just shot down? It is on my 1/72 DML Ji 5 (Mig 17F) kit.

Don't think I have ever seen anything quite like it. jon"

You are absolutely free to ignore me, and I promise I will try to remember not to respond to any of your posts in future, but I still think Rob's site has some wonderful information if you want to secretly take a peek anyway.

I guess it really is time for that beer now.

9 hours ago, Mfezi said:

Ah, the internet. You try to help someone, give a bit of background info that literally directly addresses the question he asked initially, and someone tells you to "lighten up" - as if there was some parallel discussion going on that I didn't notice. I suppose it was because I asked him to actually read the fantastic links provided - especially that great site developed by Rob.

Well, considering I was already in a pretty positive mood when I wrote my response, I'll go "lighten up" a little more and have a beer (while I work a bit on one of my models).

I just think what Jon was saying was said in a light-hearted manner but you responded with "...yet you respond with these silly one-liners."  It just seemed like you were coming down on him for the kind of goofy comments that you see on this site all the time.  C'mon.  "Tom Cruise missile".  That was funny!

45 minutes ago, echolmberg said:

I just think what Jon was saying was said in a light-hearted manner but you responded with "...yet you respond with these silly one-liners."  It just seemed like you were coming down on him for the kind of goofy comments that you see on this site all the time.  C'mon.  "Tom Cruise missile".  That was funny!

It was the two comments together that appeared that he didn't read the links, which people took time to provide (just as it took me time to find the picture to show him what it was). Habu apparently interpreted it the same way as I did - so it wasn't only me. However, I didn't simply shoot him down in my response - I gave him an explanation of how these drones were used in the same post. It appears that it is the word "silly" that got you and him worked up. Or maybe it was because I told him to read the links? Either way, it seems my post was interpreted both by you and by him in a very, very different way than I thought I wrote it. I'll step back from this discussion. I've already been told my inputs are unwanted and will be ignored - I'll respect his wishes.

Edited by Mfezi
6 hours ago, Mfezi said:

... I didn't simply shoot him down...

I see what  you did there !!!   🙂

Besides, everyone knows the Tom Cruise missile is much shorter.....   :monkeydance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Testors F-18 Hornet | ModelCars.com

Testors F-18: how did they not notice the nose gear was missing a wheel?

Or maybe the missing wheel and extended airbrake is for a maintenance diorama ... with live ordnance hanging on the wings.