Eduard 1/48 Su-22M-3K Fitter-J

The break at work on Frogfoot, I started another project. Su-22M-3K is the export version of the Su-17M-3 with engine R-29-300 also used for the Mig-23.

Differs mainly the rear fuselage and rudder.Were exported to Hungary, Peru, Libya, Vietnam, Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Afghanistan.

post-564-1282989095_zps1c802587.jpg

Since I am lazy, I used the rear fuselage of the model Su-7 OEZ Letohrad.

IMG_5395_zpsc3e67120.jpg

IMG_5398_zpsce89c308.jpg

IMG_5401_zps2e9346f5.jpg

IMG_5404_zpsb5ba2e1e.jpg

Su-22M3K were used seat K-36DM early versions. I used therefore modified the seat from the set RESIN ART for Su-25th In this set, I used the control stick.

IMG_5416_zps3408f5ef.jpg

IMG_5414_zpsd6a807aa.jpg

IMG_5409_zpsc1aad8bb.jpg

Edited by harvy5

What looked like a nightmare, it was not so bad. Sanding and sanding and wing has the correct profile.

IMG_5473_zps0c47f01d.jpg

IMG_5469_zpse87b656b.jpg

Of course it was necessary to modify certain shapes, especially landing flaps

IMG_5478_zps0ae9f170.jpg

IMG_5467_zps22159c4e.jpg

Wings in position before take-off. Version M-3 and all previous versions Su-17/20/22 in this position using only slots. It will be interesting ...

IMG_5474_zps2f00c9d5.jpg

REALLY nicely done! Which markings are you going for?

Regards,

I don't know yet. Candidates are Peru and Vietnam.

1650997_zps8f2c87fa.jpg

_DSC9251_zpsc03e950e.jpg

Probably the biggest favorite is Vietnam without numbers and armament Kh-22 missile, container METEL, UB-32 and 2xPTB1150 drop tanks

tiemkichsu22_zps2aac9ae7.jpg

1650997_zps8f2c87fa.jpg

Probably the biggest favorite is Vietnam without numbers and armament Kh-22 missile, container METEL, UB-32 and 2xPTB1150 drop tanks

tiemkichsu22_zps2aac9ae7.jpg

The Peruvian is my favorite. Note that the Vietnamese one did have numbers, starting with 58 and ending with 0 which may have faded or been removed but the shadow is still there. That will be a challenge!

Regards,

The Peruvian I like, but how to arm yourself? I have only fighter armament documented for Peru.

elsorprendentesu22armad_zps29c26d8b.jpg

SU-22UM-2.jpg

SU-22FAPcamuflagedesierto.jpg

Pilot (Lt. Oscar Santa Maria) with a Sukhoi showing possible loads:

SantaMariaSukhoiOvni3.jpg

Commander Victor Manuel Maldonado and his ride:

sukhoi-c.jpg

Possible loads shown.

Even the less capable Su-22 (Fitter F) had a similar load capability in terms of variety:

SU-22-04.jpg

SU-22Grupo11.jpg

SU-22Fitter9.jpg

SU-22yarmamento3.jpg

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

To sharkmouth,thank you for the pictures. I'm a former crew chief Su-25 and Su-22 was also at our airport. I know therefore possibilities armaments Su -22, realistic but also those what are for journalists. And I want any interesting but realistic armament . :D I would like combination,cannon pods SPPU-22 rocket launchers B-8 or UB-32, and some bombs. The problem is that,in reality SPPU, B-8, the UB-32 are controlled using the same button.

I'm a former crew chief Su-25 and Su-22 was also at our airport. I know therefore possibilities armaments Su -22, realistic but also those what are for journalists.

That is excellent then! So, even without photographs, you can create a realistic load based on the inventory shown in the images. However, there are two variations to consider.

Aircraft in the coastal lush regions have the green camouflage and use their wing cannons plus fuel tanks for the long range patrols.

Those in desert schemes are used in the south to patrol the borders from several bases and are armed with air to ground weapons (usually leaving air to air for the fighters). In one of the images, we see a cannon pod and rocket launchers on the pylons but you mention that they are all fired from the same button!

Regards,

Another sortie would be reconnaissance. For this, a recon pod and air to air defense were carried:

su22fapor9_zpsb9829a34.jpg

I am going through several lengthy Spanish language threads about the Cenepa incident where the Sukhois were used. They may have photographs or point towards loadouts.

Regards,

Aircraft in the coastal lush regions have the green camouflage and use their wing cannons plus fuel tanks for the long range patrols.

Those in desert schemes are used in the south to patrol the borders from several bases and are armed with air to ground weapons

Regards,

Thank you very much for the information on the markings. They were anti-radar missiles Kh-58 also for Peruvian Su-22? Su-25 in green camo, use them.

Recon version I will our Su-22M-4.

20980_zps8e90dc7e.jpg

Reconnaissance configuration has ECM pod SPS-141MVG-E on the left middle rack and empty UB-32 on the opposite side. Peruvian Su-22 already does not remain a place for AA missiles. This option is only for Hungary Su-22M-3K, it was the only country in the Warsaw Pact with this version of the Su-22, which have extra racks for missiles R-60.

They were anti-radar missiles Kh-58 also for Peruvian Su-22? Su-25 in green camo, use them.

I haven't seen the Kh-58 on the Su-22 but am not done reading about them. The anti-radar missiles may have come after the last Cenepa incident of 1995 when two Su-22 were shot down.

Regards,