Very excellent to see a proper 614TFS jet from Desert Storm. I really hope you consider adding that one to your to-do list in 1/32. I've been waiting for one of these for long time, the old SuperScale version is pretty basic. By far my favorite F-16 scheme.

That particular jet means a lot to me, Steve. The pilot shot down went on to become the Wing Commander of the 178th Fighter Wing here in Ohio, where I met him many times.

178FW_2_JMelampy.jpg

Edited by jmel

Wow what a sheet :thumbsup: F-16s with shark mouths, what's not to like.

And here I go again, time for me to ditch several of my Superscale sheets and get this one. I guess I will also have to stock up on my Tamiya F-16 kits :)

That particular jet means a lot to me, Steve. The pilot shot down went on to become the Wing Commander of the 178th Fighter Wing here in Ohio, where I met him many times.

I received my order the other day, first sheet I bought by SHG. Very satisfied, excellent sheet (and nice chalk effects).

And again... plug for the 614th Desert Storm scheme in 1/32. Now that I have the 1/48 sheet in hand I'm even more excited to see that scheme happen in the larger scale.

(edit) meant to ask, is that a photo of you or the pilot from Desert Storm and future WC?

Edited by Steve Belanger

(edit) meant to ask, is that a photo of you or the pilot from Desert Storm and future WC?

No, that's Col. Mike "MR" Roberts, the pilot of the jet on my decal sheet when it was shot down. This photo was taken during the final 178th Fighter Wing mission in July 2010. He was the Wing CC at the time, and the crewchief of that Viper (a former 614th jet that combat missions during ODS) painted 'Lucky Devils' on the canopy rail to surprise Col. Roberts. He walked to his jet and stopped dead in his tracks when he noticed the canopy rail. He then yelled to his wife and pointed to it. It was probably the most poignant moment I've ever witnessed.

Jake still has his hair.... ;)/>

haha! But's it's rapidly changing colors. :unsure: