Since it's beyond 12/1/14 probably the one holiday with the most movies dedicated to it, or about it; with that in mind what is/are the movie(s) that you have seen before and will watch again or watch every year once or twice...for some more than that :woot.gif: for me it's

A Christmas Carol/Dickens......every version I can find (especially George C.Scott and Alistair Sims) ..even Bill Murray in "Scrooged" :D

The Polar Express

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

White Christmas - Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye

A Christmas Story

It's a Wonderful Life

and others too numerous to mention.

:santa:

My Son and I love trains, so "The Polar Express" gets played a few times. Add to that the cartoon version of the "Grinch", "A Christmas Carol" (Jim Carry version), and "Christmas Vacation" and we are set. Although I do watch "White Christmas" once sometime between now and Christmas Day.

Since it's beyond 12/1/14 probably the one holiday with the most movies dedicated to it, or about it; with that in mind what is/are the movie(s) that you have seen before and will watch again or watch every year once or twice...for some more than that :woot.gif:/> for me it's

A Christmas Carol/Dickens......every version I can find (especially George C.Scott and Alistair Sims) ..even Bill Murray in "Scrooged" :D/>

The Polar Express

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

White Christmas - Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye

A Christmas Story

It's a Wonderful Life

and others too numerous to mention.

:santa:/>

Same list as me, 'cept for Polar Express -haven't seen that one yet.

Die Hard!;-)

Yeah, that too! Kind of a seasonal ritual Chez Who.

Also I dig out some old favourites that aren't really Christmassy but just seem to fit with the holiday thing:

Back To The Future (first one)

The Wizard Of Oz

Some Like It Hot

Any or all of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Pretty much anything with James Stewart!

Also it's the time of year when I like to curl up with an ancient cassette (those under 30 please use Google!) Walkman and listen to my old tapes of The Goon Show, a popular British radio comedy series of the 1950s and '60s. This was the vehicle that brought Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan and Harry Secombe to fame -albeit in varying degrees. Very much an acquired taste, it managed to achieve a 'balance' of surrealism that bridged the earlier, frenetic wordplay and catch-phrase based comedy of ITMA and the later, more transgressive style of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Fine seasonal examples are 'The International Christmas Pudding' and

broadcast in 1956. Amazing how much they got past the rigid (but not very 'knowing') BBC Censor in those days...!

Of course we have to watch "Christmas Vacation"..traditionally while putting up the tree (although that doesn't take nearly as long as it used to..I don't bother to take it apart and pack it away anymore..just remove the ornaments and leave the lights in place at put it in the basement.)

For "specials," there's course the perennial fave "Charlie Brown," and Mandie loves "Rudolph," since her middle name is Clarice (am I the only one who was terrified of "the bumble" as a little kid?) One of my favorites is "The Year Without A Santa Claus," mostly for the musical number with the Miser Brothers. Another one I love, but only aired once that I'm aware of some 25 years ago, is "A Wish For Wings That Work"..featuring the Christmas misadventures of "Bloom County's" Opus the Penguin and Bill the Cat. It's available on home video, but I don't have a copy. I'll have to see if there's a download somewhere.

SN

THEE four most enduring Christmas shows that I watch every year since as long as I can remember (Starting about 1968) are:

1) A Charlie Brown Christmas

2) Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer.

3) How the Grinch Stole Christmas

4) Frosty The Snowman

When my wife got Polar Express for the kids when is was first released on DVD, I sat down and watched it along with my youngest child/son (He had watched it at least a dozen times before the New Year came!). I then, watched it several more times before the New Year came!

So I've added Polar Express to my list of 'required watching' during the Christmas Season.

5) Polar Express

I'll watch each of the five shows several times throughout the Season, as well as many of the other Christmas shows.