Naval group build  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of interest is there in a Naval GB? Any ship, any era, any scale, military or civilian.

• Yes
    • No

As we all......I came away from the Shelf Queens GB with a shelf queen! That should get my modellers card pulled!

No, I believe that gets you a Gold modeler card. :thumbsup:

No, I believe that gets you a Gold modeler card. :thumbsup:/>

Hahaha. What is really sad is that I started this on the B-17 GB in 2010, so this is a two time failure. I keep getting a little closer, but the seams on that kit keep frustrating me and I hit a brick wall.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

If I can get my hands on another Hobby Boss 1/350 688 class 3 in 1 kit, I'm get in!

About a month until we are under way!! I'll be building the Academy 1/350 H.M.S. Warspite, premium edition, with all the brass it can handle. What the kit didn't come with, I also bought, props, smaller caliber guns and such. Who else is setting sail and with what??

Bill

Still trending toward Revell Arizona kit. Actually, for me this is turning into a stash build too---put aside the planes in progress and got out Revell Titanic, Hornet, and Long Beach to get in practice with "railing", fill, etc.; Arizona being stash too!

Looking forward to the start!

Still trending toward Revell Arizona kit. Actually, for me this is turning into a stash build too---put aside the planes in progress and got out Revell Titanic, Hornet, and Long Beach to get in practice with "railing", fill, etc.; Arizona being stash too!

Looking forward to the start!

What would a ship GB be without the standard argument over Arizona's colors on December 7th!! :woot.gif: I'd like to see any of those built, that would be great. I use thinned down Elmers for railings, works great. I actually wish I had wait to start my 1/200th Bismarck, but I was too excited. Looking forward to your builds!!

Bill

There's always the kit instruction colors!

My favorite of those is the unpainted hull above the waterline, closely followed by "silver".

Of course there's always the discussion about the thumbprint and the ladders under the bulkheads.

Always fun!

Elmers? For attaching? For attaching brass? Have not heard of Elmers for railings that I recall.

That's right, Elmers! I mix it with water 50/50 in a beer cap, and use an old fine tip paint brush to apply it to the bottom of the rail, and it will wick along on it own. I usually attach about 2 inches at a time, let it dry, the move on. The other great thing is that it dries flat unlike CA.

• 2 weeks later...

A week and a half to go!! This is going to be my contribution

9EEB0D27-D224-441D-BDA9-3D89BE936FC7.jpg

Complete with laser etch wood decks, tons of brass, AM props, the whole nine. I still need to order AM small calibre weapons and might replace the gigs and boats with resin, not sure yet. Let's what everyone else is in with!!!

Bill

9EEB0D27-D224-441D-BDA9-3D89BE936FC7.jpg

Very tasteful box art indeed. The focus is the ship itself rather then model manufacturer and all sorts of features etc. You don't see this very often.

Too bad I can not play. Only "ship" I have is Klingon.

Haha, that's the wrong kind of floating!

Didn't read the whole thread, is it OK to have something that sinks?

Submarine or U boat maybe?---John

Of course, the more the merrier!

Oooo...! That is some mighty fine, big city lawyering right there! I guess it has to be real to qualify.

So I guess this Yamato is out then. :crying2:

Well it used to float. :woot.gif:

Hoping to pick this up soon. The HobbyBoss 1/350 Los Angeles class submarine kit.

I am thinking of doing the Miami SSN 755, I think my nephew served on it a few years back.

That's the one the workman set on fire in Portsmouth to get a day off. Guess some people will

do anything for a day off!---John

HobbyBoss%20USS%20Los%20Angeles%201-350%2083530_zpsuczrfpcq.jpg

Hoping to pick this up soon. The HobbyBoss 1/350 Los Angeles class submarine kit.

I am thinking of doing the Miami SSN 755, I think my nephew served on it a few years back.

That's the one the workman set on fire in Portsmouth to get a day off. Guess some people will

do anything for a day off!---John

HobbyBoss%20USS%20Los%20Angeles%201-350%2083530_zpsuczrfpcq.jpg

I'm planning on doing this kit, too. Along with Hobby Boss's USS Greeneville SSN-772.

If you're planning on building the 688i version, I'd be interested in buying the parts for the sailplane sail. I have a second kit that I started as the VLS version, and had an accident that destroyed the sail for that kit.

I'm planning on doing this kit, too. Along with Hobby Boss's USS Greeneville SSN-772.

If you're planning on building the 688i version, I'd be interested in buying the parts for the sailplane sail. I have a second kit that I started as the VLS version, and had an accident that destroyed the sail for that kit.

OK....will let you know when it arrives....probably in July.---John