1/35 Canadian Husky 6X6 AVGP (Improved Version).

there are lot of big and plain panels to have fun with the paint and weathering on these, enjoy. :)/>

Thank you! I will have updates soon in the New Year. Christmas and the Holidays have been spent with family rather then at the modeling bench. So...not much has been done on this model since my last update.

Stay tuned.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

Don.

• 2 weeks later...

You are doing an awesome job on your huskey. I think you nailed the color. I used Tamiya NATO green on my Cougar and was never really happy with it. Your's looks much better.

Keep up the great work!

Mike

Thanks Mike! I appreciate the kind note. I should have a completed Husky by next weekend. Between Christmas, New Years, and a couple Group Build projects I haven't done a whole lot to the Husky. But its on it's wheels at least... :woot.gif:

Cheers!

Don.

FINISHED!!!

IMG_20150114_100821417.jpg

Please check out more photos and please feel free to comment here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=281626

Thanks to all those who followed along with this build, commented, and offered assistance. Sorry for the delay between updates a well... :rolleyes:

Onto the next project.

Comments welcome.

Kind regards,

Don

Looks great! I especially like the mud behind the rear wheels. Speaking of which, how did the wheels work out for you? You had mentioned earlier that they were giving you problems.

On a somewhat related note, I was browsing around Amazon the other day, and came across the Early Cougar with the turret for $15 with free shipping on Prime, so I snapped one up. Should get here today.

-Dave

Looks great! I especially like the mud behind the rear wheels. Speaking of which, how did the wheels work out for you? You had mentioned earlier that they were giving you problems.

On a somewhat related note, I was browsing around Amazon the other day, and came across the Early Cougar with the turret for $15 with free shipping on Prime, so I snapped one up. Should get here today.

-Dave

Thanks Dave! I appreciate it.

I have the early Cougar in the "to do" pile. I have fiddled with it a bit as I want to do the UN white scheme. It's a great looking kit and a little simpler then the Husky. A guy in our club did the three-tone Camo scheme and it looks sharp.

The tires I am NOT satisfied with whatsoever. They are without a doubt my biggest gripe with the kit and I wish Trumpeter would switch to resin (I would pay extra for resin) or two piece plastic tires (I would gladly spend time doing any seam clean up). I never painted them as a goodly portion of people with experience with these kits have said the paint eventually peels off over time. So I weatherd them with fine steal wool (easy and looks great in my opinion) and mounted them to the rims with a touch of Alex Plus Latex caulk (use a toothpick and run some caulk around the rims that face inwards towards the vehicle...not outwards). If any of the caulk gets on the outside of the rims, no worries as it wipes off easy with warm water before it sets. Let the caulk set (24 hours) and mount your tires. Now, the tires on the Cougar are much slimmer and far more rigid then the wider and softer tires on the Husky. They also seem a bit more snug on the Cougars rims. So...fingers crossed that they won't give you any issues. Post some pics when you start construction.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Don