I am trying to find photos showing close ups of the entrance door and interior area just behind the pilot ejection seats. I have all the books published and the flight manual but have never seen this area documented. Any leads you might have would be great.

Steve

Airwingmedia.com sells an XB-70 reference CD containing the flight manual (which you've already reviewed), relevant copies of Wings/Airpower magazine back issues, and photos. I just reviewed my copy and didn't find anything that would help you. Likewise no luck checking the cybermodeler.com XB-70 references. You've already been through all the books. Short of getting the Air Force Museum to open up the a/c for you, you might be out of luck. If you're looking to model this area, you might just have to go with an educated guess as to what the area would look like. Nobody will be able to prove you wrong.

Good luck with your search!

Tony,

That's terrific. These are the first pictures I've seen anywhere of this area. Do you have any of the door entrance, especially the inside? I have both the Specialty Press and Warbird Tech books and they are both fantastic. Thank you so much for writing both of these books. They have been used many times for increasing my knowledge of this great airplane.

Steve Jahn