Trumpeter announces MiG- 31 in 1:48 scale.

if AMK MiG-31 is out first, i'll buy it... if its theTrumpeter's one...i'll wait till AMK's bring theirs to see what AMK's offer worth before buying it!

but if we can take trumpeter's announcements seriously, we'll have a lots of kit to come before they'll bring a 1/48 MiG-31!

IMHO Trumpeter/Hobby Boss are just "2D-to-3D translators". I don't think they do efforts to ensure that the drawings they use are accurate or not. They just take any old drawings, some walkarounds and make a kit out of these. If the drawings are accurate, it's just an accident. I don't expect anything from them anymore.

Edited by Laurent

IMHO Trumpeter/Hobby Boss are just "2D-to-3D translators". I don't think they do efforts to ensure that the drawings they use are accurate or not. They just take any old drawings, some walkarounds and make a kit out of these. If the drawings are accurate, it's just an accident. I don't expect anything from them anymore.

If they use drawings at all that is, which i am not sure of in case of Su-24M for example.

And this is actually HB announcement, not that there is any difference.

I know Trumpeter/Hobbyboss probably won't pay attention or care, but why don't people who use Facebook send multiply messages to them to ASK them not to screw this release.

I am very interested in the AMK release and I hope they are not discourage by Hobby Boss/Trumpeter release.

About the Lansen, I just hope is good too and not as the over priced the Tarangus release.

Juan

Jeez, tough sub. I'm glad they're working on one as it means more Soviet/Russian types might follow int he future (hopefully that long time coming Su-27 finally materializes next year). It would suck for AMK if this comes out first - only saw those CAD models of theirs one so not sure how far they've come.