If you're my age or say 45 or older, you may remember when DC and Marvel ruled the comic book world, at least in America; with that mindset...what characters that are from the heyday of DC/Marvel (mid 60's to early 80's would you like to see portrayed on the silver screen? i.e. such characters as the Sub-Mariner, the Inhumans, Lightning Lad, Braniac 5, Dr. Strange, Hawkman, Aquaman. If the movie studios and do Thor and the Silver Surfer surely the ones I mentioned and others can be done.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Always liked Hawkman. I used to have many of that series when I had a collection. Then there was Adam Strange and the Black Hawks, to name a couple more. But look at what Hollywood has done with some of its attempts. The original Hal Jordan was not a screw up like he was portrayed and they totally screwed up the Green Hornet.

Dr strange is coming.

I'd like to see a good Spawn movie.

In a similar vein why there isn't a Metal Gear movie I have no idea. The video games are almost movies themselves and they have everything to make billion dollar movie.

Le sigh

I was never much of a comics reader..my parents kind of discouraged it, considering them "lowbrow" reading. There was one that caught my fancy in the early 70s though: "Turok: Son of Stone." Before I discovered airplanes, I was a dinosaur fanatic (before it was cool.) "Turok" followed the adventures of a Native American hunter and his hotheaded teenage companion in the desert southwest who get lost in a cavern looking for water. They end up in a "lost valley" populated by dinosaurs and cavemen (sounds like Ken Ham's kind of place.) I think the book was only around for a couple of years, and it was hard to find..I was only ever able to get a handful of issues. The dinos were laughably inaccurate even by 1970s standards, but it was still a fun romp. There was a direct-to-video animated version a few years ago, but I've never seen it. I'd love to see the story get the big-budget, live action treatment..with the current interest in dinos it seems like it would be a no-brainer. The comic has apparently been revived a few times over the years in various incarnations (including a video game) one of which features Turok is some sort of heavily-armed future warrior who falls through a space-time rift or something.

SN

I, too, never got into comic books. My younger brothers like the super heroes, I didn't. At age seven, I was already somewhat enamored with the military so Sgt. Rock caught my fancy for short while, but comics were too expensive and I settled for cheaper entertainment, like dirt in a grocery bag or Hot Wheels cars on dirt roads made by yanking grass from the yard. Also had a GI Joe astronaut with a Mercury capsule and another one with a underwater sled.

The only comic I ever got hooked on was the Rom Spaceknight series from Marvel, it ran from about 1979 to the mid 80s as I recall.

I remember it as a very cohesive and compelling story line by comic book standards with lots of crossovers to other Marvel series such as the Avengers and X-Men. It also happened before the Rogue character reformed and joined the X-Men, she was different in many ways before she went good.

Unfortunately, the likelihood of a film being made on the Rom series is next to nil as Marvel didn't retain the rights to the character after the comic ran its course and I understand the legalities surrounding Marvel using the Rom character are very complex and limiting.

One of my sisters friends had tons of marvel comics. I loved Spider-Man as a child, as well as FF and X-men. But one of my favourite Marvel comics was Kamandi, Last boy on earth. Seem to be completely gone. Nobody I know knows about that comic. Also of course, Groo, the Wanderer. Would probably be hilarious as a movie. :)

I never really liked super hero comics. I read Sgt Rock, Sgt Fury, Haunted Tank, Wierd War, and other army comics. I wonder how I ended up joining the Army. I also read real books as well especially military history and SF. I enjoy the Marvel movies even though I didn't read the comics.

TC

On the video game idea, I wouldn't mind a good Halo movie. Love the video games and novels, and my Son has most of the Mega Blocks Halo sets.

For comics, a good Venom movie under the current guise of Venom being used as a black ops operative with Flash Thompson as its host. Perhaps Anti-Venom and/or Carnage could come into play or be their own movies.

The Haunted Tank, Sgt. Rock, and Unknown Soldier would also be cool movies if done properly.

But knowing Hollywood they would probably botch these movies so badly or alter the original(s) so much that it would be a turn off for most fans and aficionados.

I don't know about movies, but I'm now hooked on the Arrow series on TV. I'm in the first season, and I want to watch 2-3 episodes a night to catch up. The acting was so-so the first few episodes, but it's beginning to pick up...or I'm just used to the bad acting! The storyline is very compelling, though.

I don't know about movies, but I'm now hooked on the Arrow series on TV. I'm in the first season, and I want to watch 2-3 episodes a night to catch up. The acting was so-so the first few episodes, but it's beginning to pick up...or I'm just used to the bad acting! The storyline is very compelling, though.

Darren,

I've watched it from the beginning, It has gotten better and with the Flash crossover I think it will be just fine.

:cheers:

Emil

Was a big Spiderman and GI Joe comic book reader back in the early-mid 80s.

Spiderman movies have been a mixed bag. The first 2 Rami/Toby McGuire movies are my favorite and they've sorta sucked since...I'm hoping Marvel-Disney gets the movie rights back from Sony so he can be added to the Marvel Movie universe (Avengers).

GI Joe movies....turds...

I, too, never got into comic books. My younger brothers like the super heroes, I didn't. At age seven, I was already somewhat enamored with the military so Sgt. Rock caught my fancy for short while, but comics were too expensive and I settled for cheaper entertainment, like dirt in a grocery bag or Hot Wheels cars on dirt roads made by yanking grass from the yard. Also had a GI Joe astronaut with a Mercury capsule and another one with a underwater sled.

I wasn't a comic book guy either. My younger brother was/is but I was more into reading about Pelucidar and Barsoom. And to be on topic, "John Carter" was an enjoyable, if not strictly true to the books, movie based on the Barsoom stories. I'm still a science fiction reader and I've had a subscription to Analog continuously for almost 40 years. I still have all the issues, plus many more older ones bought at old book stores.

If you're my age or say 45 or older, you may remember when DC and Marvel ruled the comic book world, at least in America; with that mindset...what characters that are from the heyday of DC/Marvel (mid 60's to early 80's would you like to see portrayed on the silver screen? i.e. such characters as the Sub-Mariner, the Inhumans, Lightning Lad, Braniac 5, Dr. Strange, Hawkman, Aquaman. If the movie studios and do Thor and the Silver Surfer surely the ones I mentioned and others can be done.

marvel-movie-release-schedule.png?itok=Iib5MRJw

8d63b3bc6066e592a13990952772ce00fbdfdb3e.jpg

The introduction of Inhumans into the MCU took place last week on Agents of SHIELD.

Aquaman will appear in Batman vs, Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016, again in Justice League and later on in his own movie.

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman-Getty-Images-DC-Comics.jpg