Birthday Airplane

Is there a way for me to find out if a USAF aircraft has my birthday as its serial number? I was born on August 27 1976. So I am searching for one that would read 76 827. How would i find this out. Or even 87 6827? I highly doubt the second one though. But still it would be cool to model such an aircraft.

never thought of that before! that's a nice idea...

would have love to find an aircraft with 72-1017...

but according to the info, i'm a missile! ...but at least, not an ordinary one!

i'm a Boeing AGM-69A SRAM missiles! with a nuclear warhead!taunt.gif

Aren't the serial numbers the dates they were ordered?

Aaron

In a USAF contract the first two digits are the fiscal year of the contract. Serial numbers are just listed in the contract. Nothing to do with date other than the date of the contract.

There is a lot of "fudge" in the system, that's how the first B-2 ended up with '1066' the same as the Battle of Hastings. Like the longbow changed that fight so too the B-2 would change strategic aviation.

And a very big fudge. The VC-137 Air Force Ones were 62-6000 and 72-7000 which got the tail numbers 26000 and 27000. When I was on the team that bought the VC-25's it was boldly stated in a meeting that they would be 8000 and 9000 to keep the AF one sequence numbers. The lady that made the announcement forgot the aircraft were being purchased under an FY 86 contract so 68000 and 69000 would be painted on the tails. I had to take her aside and educator on the steamier side of life and that we were not going to paint "69" on the side of ANY Presidential aircraft. The VC-25's were re numbered to match the fleet's needs ignoring the contract year. Joe B's site has a slightly different story but I was in the room.

86-8800 Boeing VC-25A Later reserialed as 82-8000

86-8900 Boeing VC-25A Later reserialed as 92-9000.

Edited by majortomski

You guys could also run your birthday as a Julian date. My BD is 4/12/55 so as posted above 55-0412 but April 12th is also Julian day 102 or 103 in a leap year so 55-0102, 55-0103 would also be valid # for my birthday

http://www.fs.fed.us/fire/partners/fepp/julian-calendar.pdf

Oh, my numbers:

USAF Sn

55-102 B-52D destroyed by fire on the ground

55-103 B-52D destroyed after aborted takeoff

55-412 No history in a block of WB-66D s

BUNO

41255 no history a block of RN Helcasts

55412 no history in a block of FM-2 Wildcats

Edited by majortomski