Well close enough anyway. I started this one back in early 2010, worked on it a little in 2011 and finally got back to it in late 2014. It was mostly finished in 2011 before I really started looking at weathering more than a wash. The final steps really gave me fits so I decided to just get it done and get it outta my hair. I was going to start it as a crashed dio for a inner club contest, didn't make it very far. Revisited for another inner club contest, but again got no where.

Like mentioned, the final phases gave me fits...

1) Something happened on the clear coat leaving little white blemishes, not raised blemishes though. So I gave it another super thinned coat of RLM 66 and unfortunately it covered up the wing a little too much hiding the swastikas even more. Suppose to be an overpaint of the plane anyway, but it's a little too heavy now.

2) Removing the older than dirt BMF masks was a chore. On the last window, the canopy came off, chipping the paint. So the canopy was stripped, Futured, masked, put on the plane, gaps filled and painted. Then I saw a faint finger print, lightly sanded it out. When I got back to painting the canopy, I masked it off with Post-It notes and it pulled up one of the crests. Got some replacement crests from a fellow ARC modeler Sluggo2u (THANKS!!!) and replaced them. Again, managed to pop off the canopy taking off the newer easier to remove masks. Fortunately it didn't chip much so the touch up was minor.

3) Broke off the loop antenna so had to replace that, but that looks better than the kit supplied one anyway.

4) Don't know how times I got the antennas on only to have them snap.

This one basically finished very simply to get it off the bench. Seemed every turn was another problem......so I'm just glad to be done. I am not a Luftwaffe guy by any stretch of the imagination. Take it for what it is.

Overall, the kit is a easy to build kit, with no major fit issues. Really was a gem to build, the finish of it just gave me fits.

THANKS! :-/

PS: I need to get a better photo shooting setup. I had one more flash for the earlier shots.

15815116349_70af3795f3_z.jpg

1-48_Otaki_Bf109G6-1 by Hickory Hill Photography, on Flickr

15378862364_e83a6cafa6_z.jpg

1-48_Otaki_Bf109G6-2 by Hickory Hill Photography, on Flickr

16000431002_a81a41e364_z.jpg

1-48_Otaki_Bf109G6-3 by Hickory Hill Photography, on Flickr

15815368747_cd2b04dfa5_z.jpg

1-48_Otaki_Bf109G6-4 by Hickory Hill Photography, on Flickr

15813848630_96105f4770_z.jpg

1-48_Otaki_Bf109G6-5 by Hickory Hill Photography, on Flickr

15999143261_e05a4fba7b_z.jpg

1-48_Otaki_Bf109G6-6 by Hickory Hill Photography, on Flickr

Must be at least 40 plus years since I've built a Otaki kit. Must say that the kit has stood the test of time, as it looks nicely molded. Glad to read that you fought the good fight, and won. From your pictures it was a well worth effort.

Joel