Looking for Hasegawa F-4G 1/72 instructions

Can someone help me out with a scan of the instructions for Hasegawas 1/72 F-4G Wild Weasel? I´m doing a Hase "E" and want to convert it into a "G". Any additional help is also quite welcome, I already have a lot of necessary parts to do the "G" (at least I think so) by using parts from the older Italeri kit.

HAJO

Depending on your personal level of retentivity: one F-4G feature the Hasegawa kit has and the Italeri lacks, is the 'cloverleaf' antenna panel on the side of the nose (Hasegawa part N4).

Cheers,

Andre

My bad - the cloverleaf panels aren't on part N4, but rather molded on parts N6/7.

This may help:

http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/Phantom/2017.html

Pic is a bit dark, but basically there are five sensor buttons on each panel on both sides of the undernose housing, in a "number five throw of a dice" pattern.

Another small thing you could do is to remove the gun gas vents on the underside of parts L4/5, just in front of the noe gear well - Hasegawa uses common forward fuselage parts between their F-4E and G boxings, hence the molded vents, but since the G obviously didn't have the M61 fitted the vents shouldn't be there on a Weasel.

What unit markings will you be using?

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

Good point concerning the gas vents, I was glueing these parts just yesterday evening and wondered about them...

I got the decals from the Hase F-4G from a friend who sent me the "PN"-version, Hill II-scheme.

HAJO

(snip)

Another small thing you could do is to remove the gun gas vents on the underside of parts L4/5, just in front of the noe gear well - Hasegawa uses common forward fuselage parts between their F-4E and G boxings, hence the molded vents, but since the G obviously didn't have the M61 fitted the vents shouldn't be there on a Weasel.

(snip)

Cheers,

Andre

You're only half correct; the gun bay door on the F-4G remained unchanged except for the addition of a small round antenna and still had the vents. Here's a photo I took at Zaragoza AB, Spain way back on May 18, 1984:

69-0285May181984ZaragozaABScottWilson.jpg

And a nice official USAF image to illustrate it even better:

DF-ST-82-00475a_zps32218ea2.jpg

One more USAF image:

DF-ST-89-09495a_zps907bca4a.jpg

Edited by Scott R Wilson