1/48 F-105F request(s)

I am looking into building an F-105F in a NMF scheme, preferably this one. I have the RoG kit, and I have a Superscale sheet that will get me on the way with the unit markings and such, but I do need some specific stencils.

It seems that only the Monogram release, of this kit, kit # 5808 has the right stencils for this build. The ones I need are the stencils for both cockpits, the warning triangles, with the red outlined box under them, and the canopy lock markings. If anyone has this specific kit, and could show me a photo or scan of the sheet, and maybe even trade/sell it, I would be very happy.

Also, since I have the F-105G version of the kit, I am also looking for one fueltank with the attached pylon from the Revell/Monogram kit.

Thanks!

That's not what I asked...

haaa haaaa...

Hey man, I have part of what you're looking for. I had that "aluminum painted" version of the kit years ago and did it as a camo painted jet...so I hacked up the decals sheet.

Here's what's left of it, all yours. I also have the F-105D kit sheet that you can have too...it has the canopy "RESCUE" stenciling in low viz but might give you a basis to go by. The ejection seat triangles are pretty generic to most jet sheets...shouldn't be hard to find.

DSC_0012_zpsa1edcdf6.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsba936e0a.jpg

DSC_0014_zps451ac8d8.jpg

I also have a Monogram F-102 and F-106 sheet kicking around that has ejection seat markings and "RESCUE" markings that I can trim out and send along.

DSC_0015_zps22892569.jpg

DSC_0016_zps5eaacea0.jpg

Hmm, if that's the sheet that comes in that kit, it looks like they are not what I need. You'd think those things would be pretty standard, but there were some variations. What I need is the warning triangle like on the F-102 and F-106 sheet, without the white background along the edge and white letters in the inner triangle, if that makes sense. And as for the rectangular box under it, I need it without the white background.

I do appreciate the effort though, and if it turns out nobody made the ones I need, I will gladly take up your offer. :)

Maybe these pics show it clearer:

F-105s_zps767350e5.jpg

f_105_thunderchief_zps445f78b6.jpg

Ahhh...yes, those are more clear as to what you need.

Here ya go, this sheet has that...guess you'll need two sheets though for two cockpits...even got the tail flash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Scale-Decals-1-48-Republic-F-105D-Thunderchief-335thTFS-4th-TFW-48-1219-/111546894857?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item19f8b68a09

Edited by 82Whitey51

Come on now, dear Jennings. Let's not get into a fight, it's almost Christmas and there's enough nasty stuff in the world already.

Don't you think that if I ask for very specific stencils on a model, I probably have a pretty good idea about the paintjob too? I know they were painted in aluminium lacquer by the time that photo was taken. I just said NMF because I was too lazy or didn't care enough or didn't think it was relevant to the question.

I know you were trying to help, and I appreciate that, but it was, well, sorry to say this, a bit of a smartass way of saying it, in my view. Hence my reply was a bit blunt, perhaps. I guess I was a bit wrong to say it like that, so sorry.

Now, let's shake hands and drink a warm cocoa, alright?

Happy holidays.

Here ya go, this sheet has that...guess you'll need two sheets though for two cockpits...even got the tail flash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Scale-Decals-1-48-Republic-F-105D-Thunderchief-335thTFS-4th-TFW-48-1219-/111546894857?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item19f8b68a09

Thanks, that's the sheet I have. :D

Here's a scan of the stencils on that sheet. For clarity, I need those triangles without the red border around it, and without the white background, but with the white letters inside the red triangle. And the rectangular box also without the white background

Sprscalezoom_zps49fbd1f5.jpg

Hi Pete, please PM me at apollodcal@gmail.com and send me your address. I have what you need and will send it.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I did get an offer from someone else, so I will see if he has what I need first. If not, I will gladly take your offer, if you are certain you have what I need (see above). Thanks!

I am looking into building an F-105F in a NMF scheme, preferably this one. I have the RoG kit, and I have a Superscale sheet that will get me on the way with the unit markings and such, but I do need some specific stencils.

It seems that only the Monogram release, of this kit, kit # 5808 has the right stencils for this build. The ones I need are the stencils for both cockpits, the warning triangles, with the red outlined box under them, and the canopy lock markings. If anyone has this specific kit, and could show me a photo or scan of the sheet, and maybe even trade/sell it, I would be very happy.

Also, since I have the F-105G version of the kit, I am also looking for one fueltank with the attached pylon from the Revell/Monogram kit.

Thanks!

Fuel tank: The centerline or the wing?

Ouch ... nasty.

Gene K

Yes, it was. And I already said sorry for it (See below). I was a bit agitated at that moment. Also, I'm Dutch, and we're known for our directness which may seem a bit rude in other parts of the world. So again, sorry.

Come on now, dear Jennings. Let's not get into a fight, it's almost Christmas and there's enough nasty stuff in the world already.

Don't you think that if I ask for very specific stencils on a model, I probably have a pretty good idea about the paintjob too? I know they were painted in aluminium lacquer by the time that photo was taken. I just said NMF because I was too lazy or didn't care enough or didn't think it was relevant to the question.

I know you were trying to help, and I appreciate that, but it was, well, sorry to say this, a bit of a smartass way of saying it, in my view. Hence my reply was a bit blunt, perhaps. I guess I was a bit wrong to say it like that, so sorry.

Now, let's shake hands and drink a warm cocoa, alright?

Happy holidays.

So what else do you need, Pete?

Besides the correct decals?

Nothing else, just a wingtank and the decals, and it looks like I'm covered. Thanks.