Churchill Crocodile

Started the tank about 3 weeks ago as a supposedly weekend project to see the hairspray chipping technique / faded winter white washes in effect for the first time, it ended up as this vignette now.

Everything except the tank on the scene is entirely scratch built from household materials.

Enjoy.

AdjmcAdl.jpgnnRPDHTl.jpgQFh3cuwl.jpgzFXnslTl.jpgO4gIYXul.jpgFqIF6PAl.jpgurLt1Odl.jpg0S1nczLl.jpg8ouI6yal.jpg

Nice :thumbsup: ! How did you find the hairspray technique? What paints did you use? I have been wanting to give it a whirl myself.

Good job, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Don.

Nice 70.gif ! How did you find the hairspray technique? What paints did you use? I have been wanting to give it a whirl myself.

Good job, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Don.

Don it's an easy and a very quick method! Go ahead and try it by all means.

Primer: gunze acrylic thinned with hardware store cell/laq thinner.

Paints: gunze and tamiya acrylics, first coat with cell/laq thinner, subsequent coats with isopropyl alcohol.

HairSpray: BEWARE, these hairsprays are sometimes referred to as lacquers and that's for a reason, certain h.s. brands will eat into iPA thinned paint just as a proper lacquer based model paints would! So first check your brand of h.s. somewhere else, some will be water based some will be lacquer, then you can figure out how to safely apply the h.s. over what.

Apply your basecoat

Once the basecoat is touch dry > (i) Apply the h.s. from the can, distance = 1 (long) spray can length, several misty coats until complete coverage. as it's wet it might shine as a spotlight, don't worry.

Once the h.s. layer is touch dry > winter etc. what is going to get chipped coat

Once the said coat is touch dry > get a bowl of warm (finger dip / decal SAFE temp) water and first apply the water onto the model with a suitable brush, wait a minute so that top coat will soak the water, then begin rubbing the model with the same brush. it might take some time, do NOT increase the pressure or speed, (now this is getting kinky! :D ) just keep doing what you are doing and eventually you should be seeing topcoat lifting off.

mandatory warning, your mileage will vary depending your paints and hairspray. hope you'll have fun experimenting.

also check this blog out for a short tut. video: http://scalemodelaircrafts.blogspot.com.tr/2014/12/battle-of-bulge-olive-drab-color.html

Brrr- that looks sooo cold! Very nice work, Murad- cheers!

Thank you chukw!