Pascal Hecker from Europe.

Here on ARC, he's 'bubble'. Find a posting and send him a message. He is a professional and does do some lovely stuff.

Pete

Arrr Yes I have seen his work on Collect Space site, had not seen the LR. I just found those pics searching on the net.

Thanks Pete, I knew you guys could help. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

G'day guys

Well I found a Lunar Rover for my collection, that was in a great scale (1/12). Some of you guys may have seen it on the Collect Space site. I made a few email inquires with the creator of this beautiful model Ron. who put this model kit together quickly for me, as it was a must have. Its a foot long, with so much detail, I'm just blown away with how great this model is. Its made on a 3D printer, yes it's costly, but well worth it. The wheels come already assembled by Ron, as there are several pieces in each, and they are see through just like the real ones. The seats fold up to reveal the storage bins, the battery box panels also fold up to show the solar panels. The rear tool pallet hinges out for access. The camera's, antenna dish, steering control unit are highly detailed. You can see all this on his page.

lunarrovermodel.com

IMG_4489

IMG_4526IMG_4525

Edited by ApolloMan

I haven't been on collectSpace in quite awhile so this Rover caught me by surprise ... Holey Schmitt! This is just love-lee! A foot long eh ... wow ... and those 'tires' ... but the antenna dish ... the mesh is too pronounced ... but yessirree, the best LRV kit I've seen!

Thanx for sharing 'Man!

I hope you're gonna do a WIP on this puppy :rolleyes:

Pete

What a beaut!!! How did they even print the parts this smooth? And amazing how they did those tires. That's a truly majestic display piece -- one that I could stare and marvel at all day. You know those model shows -- there's always that one model you keep coming back to again and again and makes you not want to leave the place. This'll be one of those!

You have some seriously gorgeous work here Apolloman.

Your LUT, MLP and crawler..... wonderful examples of superb scratch-building.

The research element I always find really rewarding. One learns so much

Thanks for the pics..keep posting

Cheers

John B

Thank John, I really enjoy modeling Apollo. My Shuttle took me a little more time than I expected, and I then had a back log of Apollo's to get finished.

Pete this Rover is fantastic, Ron & Mick have done well, you may need to put your touch on this one. What are your thoughts on building one?? B)/>

Thanks Crackers, it's a remarkable model, and I'm enjoying working on it so far, there is not much to it really. Clean the holes out, add some brass rod and its done. Paint seems to go on easy & primer is not needed. The parts are so smooth and detailed. I was examining the wheels today, the inner frame or bump stop is in cased in a clear tube shape with a net material over that, to give it the piano wire look. Although my wife ordered me to finish the model I had been working on when the LRV arrived, So

This is my Al Shepard resin model, I modified & cut the arms & legs off at different points & used milliputty (allot of milliputty), to give him a new pose. Still needs some adjusting & a satin clear coat, plus I'm after NASA meatball decals. 

imageimage

Enjoy

Edited by ApolloMan

This is my progress on the 3D LRV so far. Cleared out all the holes which join the parts with drill bits, ready for the brass rods.

The chassis front, mid and rear were spray painted silver, along with the antenna support and aft tool pallet. A base coat was given to the fenders, may need a darker colour. The aft pallet and centre console were given a undercoat of white. Its all very easy so far, no cleaning of parts is necessary

IMG_4555

Edited by ApolloMan

Progress today.

With the wheel Crackerjazz, they are resin discs, with resin bump stops (which is the inner ring of ringlets), then its a clear tube shape around that with a net material (like a sock over that. It does not matter if you are a few feet away or a few inches away, you can not tell, and it looks like it's mesh like the real piano wire ones, oh & they will be strong enough to hold the model.

Thanks Apollokid,I will repaint the fenders, maybe a few drops of red or brown in the tin?? I'll experiment...

Hey Bubble, Love your work, I'm always checking for updates on cS from you. Yes the kit may be costly, but well worth it. Ron also has payment methods, maybe drop him an email.

(for any one interested he's Moonguyron on Collect Space)

The Front, mid, rear chassis were connected with the brass rods

IMG_4541IMG_4540

The Antenna, I replaced the resin rods with brass, to add strength & make them straight as the resin were curved.

IMG_4527

The camera mounts & front battery box were painted prior to gold & silver foils are added. The under seat stowage bags & front chassis battery box lids had holes drilled through & again brass rods added to allow them to hinge. Repainted the seat frames silver with the seat flat white.

IMG_4552

The rear pallet was installed with brass pins & the gate hinges also.

IMG_4549

All coming together very well & very easy.

Edited by ApolloMan

Yes i know him , i did some work for him al the viziors of his astronauts turn in copper mirror look .

I did aks him of he sell also separate parts , example the wheels , the rest is not so diffult , but still got not a answer

the paint job look great .

This is freaking awesome. Can't wait to see it finished! You should put a coin next to it when you take pictures to remind us of how huge it is :)

Will you be adding the 3D-printed lunar rover astronauts?

Thanks Hotdog. Here is some update photo's of my weathering progress, The Rover is near completly together & looking rather grimy now after her 2 days on the moon. I painted the wheel motor frames titanium gold. Applied the console stickers & mid chassis markings.

The fenders have been painted darker. Seats had the blocks added at the rear, then painted & installed.The rear steering cover was made from milliputty.

Oh the 3d printer Astronaut (John Young) is in the mail, and should look good sitting on it. I'm looking at modifying another (Charlie Duke) to have him stand next to the rover.

IMG_4555

I don't know how I did it?, must of clipped it with my scalpel. I found out Apollo 16 had the same problem as Apollo 17, but with no fix.

IMG_4544

Edited by ApolloMan
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mick,

this is an awesome scale, incredible. :gr_eek2:

It is the Design by Max Grueter, right? :coolio:

625x465_3049871_8368333_1429743293.jpg

Can't wait to see the painted guys on the entire Diorana. :gr_hail:

This becomes another tidbit, I'm sure. :thumbsup:

:wave:

Yes it is from Max. I would like to have both Astronauts, but with the price of the Rover & Astronaut :jaw-dropping:

I may just mould some parts like Helmet, gloves, boots & back packs & create an Astronaut standing up next to the Rover. :thumbsup:

Outstanding. I would use XTC-3D to smooth the helmet and other non-cloth surfaces of the astronaut.

One more time to your experience with XTC-3D, I had asked you three weeks ago in an other thread (Shapeways best resolution?): :rolleyes:

What do you think about, that the coated surface would still require a final finishing by sanding? undecided.gif

hallo.gif