Search and Rescue group build

This is the semi official group build guide lines rules and such for the Search and Rescue group build on ARC.

Elmo and I had a nice drive to visit another member of the Canadian model mafia, on route we figured out the who's whats and whys. Here they are.........

Group build begins January 1st 2015 and ends six months later June 30 2015.

Any airplane, boat , truck or what the heck ever whose MAIN purpose is rescuing people.

This means, any airframe whose primary job is rescuing people, has a causality evacauation capability. Such as a Huey equipped with litters and medical equipment.

Any airframe whose main job is to aid the search of people. Preferably with SAR markings such as a SAR Lancaster with great big RESCUE painted on the side or red cross. (for example)

Any airframe modified for the SAR job, an example would be a CC-130 Herc with the jump door replaced with the search bubble as used by 424 SAR squadron.

CSAR airframes whose MAIN job is the rescue and removal of the injured. That means the helicopter has stretchers and med kit aboard. It might have a M-60 hanging out the door but an airframe with side mounted rockets, 10 machine guns and nuclear bombs would not be primarily tasked as the SAR airframe.

An A-1 Skyraider with 16 250 lb bombs is not a SAR airframe. Did it help in the process? Yes. Did it have a medic on board to deal with injuries? No.

A fire truck. Yep. Might carry a para medic and I never met a fire dept. yet that did not have advanced first aid training.

A ambulance. Yep, goes with out saying an ambulance , military or civi is good.

A water bomber, yep. Its main job is putting out fires so people and property can be rescued. It does not do "suppressive fire". Also adds colour to the GB.

An F-16 doing orbiting patrol? Nope. F-16s have a heck of a time rescuing people while launching Sidewinders.

A Sea King on plane guard duties. Yep. Main job is to pick up downed fly guys.

Standard requirment. A thread with the model before you start, during and finish. Model must be fresh out of the box or VERY lightly stated. Like JUST the cockpit or some other minor assembly. Any after market you want. Any markings. What ifs are welcome but we would prefer semi realsitic. No Starship Enterprises with red crosses on the side. Of course you COULD do the USS Pasture.

As of now we do not have any sponsors. IF you want to sponsor that would be great and we can do up a banner with your name on it. But please remember any sponsor is going to need to mail out the prizes themselves after they are drawn. My last GB had me mailing stuff across oceans and got kind of expensive.

So, get some colour on your shelves and do a model.

Elmo.......Anything else?

Have fun..... share stories .....

The end result is what we are looking for...... I am hoping someone does a M-113 with the big red cross on it's side. Or even a Rescue Raptor From BSG..... But no X-Wings or Klingon Birds of prey. I'll even ok a space 1999 rescue Eagle. LMAO

:cheers:

Emil

Edited by Emvar

One possible exception to the A-1 might be the A-1E that landed in the middle of a field to pickup another pilot during intense weapons fire from the enemy who was trying to capture that shot down pilot. He received the Medal of Honor and his gray/white aircraft is on display at the U.S.A.F. Museum.

I'm also thinking about adding another HU-16, this time from the Royal Thai Navy, or a C-47, if I can figure how to get pictures into photobucket again.

It's a shame I don't have any of these laying around anymore:

DSCF0038-1.jpg

Hello,

As a SAR Medic I can not stand aside.

I am in with my office in the Belgian Airforce.

The platform for SAR in Belgium.

In service since 1976 soon be replaced by the NH-90 NFH or by civilian company (Défense budget)

The Westland Sea King Mk.48.

Looking forward to start.

Grts,

Youri

Edited by tigerviper

One possible exception to the A-1 might be the A-1E that landed in the middle of a field to pickup another pilot during intense weapons fire from the enemy who was trying to capture that shot down pilot. He received the Medal of Honor and his gray/white aircraft is on display at the U.S.A.F. Museum.

I'm also thinking about adding another HU-16, this time from the Royal Thai Navy, or a C-47, if I can figure how to get pictures into photobucket again.

It's a shame I don't have any of these laying around anymore:

DSCF0038-1.jpg

Yeah....No on the A-1. That was a one time thingy and the primary mission wasn't SAR. Brave guy though and the medal is well deserved. That would be for a Hero's or Medal of Honour GB.

:cheers:

Emil

Hello,

As a SAR Medic I can not stand aside.

I am in with my office in the Belgian Airforce.

The platform for SAR in Belgium.

In service since 1976 soon be replaced by the NH-90 NFH or by civilian company (Défense budget)

The Westland Sea King Mk.48.

Looking forward to start.

Grts,

Youri

Well, i'd like to join in as well with a 1/72 Belgian air force sea king Mk48 build using the revell Mk41 boxing (which i got from my girlfriend as a Christmas gift) and Daco decals.

Edited by streetstream

I might try to get into this. I've got three options to go with. Either a Washington National Guard UH-60L that has been used the past few years for fire suppression, an MH-60S from NAS Whidbey Island, or a mock-up of the HH-60W Pave Hawk using the Academy MH-60S as a base.

Aaron

I'll be building an Amodel 1/144 Albatross in USCG markings.

I was close to keeping the Mafia happy with Amodel's Lancaster 10MR, but picked up their Dambuster boxing instead... :whistle: