Xtracolor paints curing time

Gents, I am using some Xtracolor paints for the first time, as they do some very specific shades, but either they are very slow drying or I have a bad batch. More than 48 hours after applying the colour by airbrush, using Tamiya lacquer thinners, the paint is still tacky so I can't work with the parts.

Is this normal, or is there a secret to using them?

Cheers

Les

Xtracolor is my favourite paint, I stir it thoroughly (2 minutes with a Badger battery stirrer) thin it 50:50 with Xtracolor quick drying thinners, airbrush at 12-15 psi and it dries in a few hours, however I leave it 2-3 days to cure fully before masking.

Cheers

Dennis

Ditch the Tamiya thinners as it has this effect on Xtracolor paints. Use Revell Colourmix enamel thinners instead and thin 60/40 thinners/paint and spray in several light coats. I only use Xtracolor/Colourmix and haven't had any problems in the 15+ yrs of doing so. It's tack dry in 1-2hrs, touch dry in 8hrs and I normally leave it for 48hrs before masking off with tape but I've done it after 24 hrs without any problems.

In my opinion far superior, I used to use the Xtracolor own brand thinners when I first started using Xtracolor paints and had the same problems with drying times, sometimes it wouldn't dry at all. I was directed to Revell Colourmix by another modeller and haven't looked back.