MiniHobby 1/48 Su-30 "Russian Test Pilots"

After a long absence from the boards here, I'm back with a question. Has anybody built the MiniHobby 1/48 Su-30 "Russian Test Pilots" kit? I've just traded for one, and am wondering what I've gotten myself into...no reviews on the normal sites, and the only thing close I've seen are reviews of the Su-30MKM. Any input would be appreciated.

I have not built the MiniHobby 1/48 Su-30, but i have built the MiniHobby 1/48 Flanker B. I think the parts are nearly identical. I was far less experienced at the time and i remember a lot of test fitting and sanding. I didn't use putty and i had a gap or two,or three, or seven. When i had it primed and painted, it looked decent and at that time accuracy was not an issue.

For what little this is worth.

Good luck!

I have not built the MiniHobby 1/48 Su-30, but i have built the MiniHobby 1/48 Flanker B. I think the parts are nearly identical. I was far less experienced at the time and i remember a lot of test fitting and sanding. I didn't use putty and i had a gap or two,or three, or seven. When i had it primed and painted, it looked decent and at that time accuracy was not an issue.

For what little this is worth.

Good luck!

I built this kit and it appears to be a basic remould of the Academy Su-27 done quite badly in places. I think it was also sold under the Trumpeter brand a fair while back. I used mine as a testing ground for removing seams/painting practice. If you look carefully at some of the more detailed scribing [i.e. hatches] it does look like it was done by hand. From memory the nose area needs a lot of work. Very similar to the Ki-tech versions of the Academy F-111 kits.