So tonight, I folded and glued the boxes in front of the cockpit seats. (I've forgotten what those boxes are--too many years have gone by, but I'm sure Ramon or Erick can tell us. I also managed to put in the center console and the center console extension after alot of dry fitting and sanding. Its not glued in just yet because I still need to glue on the cabin floor cover which holds the minigun junction boxes. Alot of dry fitting is needed in order for everything to fit together.

0520160235_zpsplj3rjhq.jpg

I wish I could build as quick as you guys do, but this will be a slow build!

Comments and critiques welcome.

Tim

I don't remember them boxes being anything other than kick plates but I could be wrong. I just never had to remove them for anything, I don't think they even got inspected during phase but again, my memory sucks now...

-Ramon

Edited by anvil6

Looking great. I've always wanted to do a Blackhawk but for some reason I keep putting it off as being too much work. Lots of nice aftermarket resin out there for it, one day I'll get off my butt and start one. In the mean time, I can look at all these great builds on ARC!

Keep up the good work.

The front cockpit wall is plain with no detail. Working from my collection of MH-60 and UH-60 pics, I began to detail the wall to give it some pop instead of a plain piece of plastic. It may not be 100% accurate, but in the end it will look pretty dog gone close. Here's what I've got so far:

0524160308_zps2goed5uv.jpg

I managed tonight to glue on the PE cabin floor, cut down the cargo hook walls 1/16 of an inch and worked on the front wall.

0524160258a_zpsxopzjv4k.jpg

No more updates for about a week cause I have to work OT.

That's all for now, comments and critiques welcome!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

The front cockpit wall is plain with no detail. Working from my collection of MH-60 and UH-60 pics, I began to detail the wall to give it some pop instead of a plain piece of plastic. It may not be 100% accurate, but in the end it will look pretty dog gone close. Here's what I've got so far:

0524160308_zps2goed5uv.jpg

I managed tonight to glue on the PE cabin floor, cut down the cargo hook walls 1/16 of an inch and worked on the front wall.

0524160258a_zpsxopzjv4k.jpg

No more updates for about a week cause I have to work OT.

That's all for now, comments and critiques welcome!

Tim

looking good dude. i love what you have done with that firewall. i will do that to mine as well!

-Ramon

It's not going to be 100% accurate because I don't have the styrene to do that, but I took some details off the UH-60 and the MH-60 to create my firewall, so yes it can be used for a A model also.

Tim

looking good dude. i love what you have done with that firewall. i will do that to mine as well!

Thanks chief! I still need to add a little bit more detail to the wall. I plan on adding some electrical and hydraulic boxes along with wiring. I have some EZ line I bought, but I came across an old computer cord at work today, so I cut the ends off and lo and behold, it was full of tiny wires which I think will look better than the EZ line.

I've ordered some 1/35 electrical connectors from Reedoak that I plan on using for the wall and for the outermost MFD on the instrument panel.

I'll post some pics of them when they come in, but they look cool on the website. Thanks Norbert!

Tim

-Ramon

-Ramon

Thanks chief! I still need to add a little bit more detail to the wall. I plan on adding some electrical and hydraulic boxes along with wiring. I have some EZ line I bought, but I came across an old computer cord at work today, so I cut the ends off and lo and behold, it was full of tiny wires which I think will look better than the EZ line.

I've ordered some 1/35 electrical connectors from Reedoak that I plan on using for the wall and for the outermost MFD on the instrument panel.

I'll post some pics of them when they come in, but they look cool on the website. Thanks Norbert!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

So, a little update tonight. Ive been continuing to work on my scratchbuilt cockpit front wall. I added some mounting stringers for the electrical boxes and then glued on the 4 boxes them selves.

0608160011_zpswqrwecq1.jpg

I was about to start putting on the resin rivet decals when I realized I hadn't put on a clear coat yet.

I'm going out tomorrow and buying some Future or whatever it's called now so I can have it on hand. I ordered some 1/35 scale electrical connectors from Reedoak, but they haven't came yet. Once I apply the rivets, I'll glue on the connectors and then the electrical wiring and get it primed and it will be done.

That's all for now!

C&C welcome

Tim

So, a little update tonight. Ive been continuing to work on my scratchbuilt cockpit front wall. I added some mounting stringers for the electrical boxes and then glued on the 4 boxes them selves.

0608160011_zpswqrwecq1.jpg

I was about to start putting on the resin rivet decals when I realized I hadn't put on a clear coat yet.

I'm going out tomorrow and buying some Future or whatever it's called now so I can have it on hand. I ordered some 1/35 scale electrical connectors from Reedoak, but they haven't came yet. Once I apply the rivets, I'll glue on the connectors and then the electrical wiring and get it primed and it will be done.

That's all for now!

C&C welcome

Tim

This is going to look pretty cool, can't wait to see the next step!

-Ramon

I've got 3 of the 4 rows of rivets on, but no pics of it, Sorry. Will work on it again probably Thurs night.

I'll post some pics of the wall then. By the way, my Reedoak connectors came in and all I can say is WOW! These are the bombdiggity!

Thanks Norbert

Tim

Well, everything is on except for the electrical connectors and wiring. I primed it with Tamiya surface primer.

Like I said earlier, it may not be 100% like the real deal, but it has alot more detail than the blank kit part.

0617160036a_zpsbipa4jb3.jpg

Here's a side shot of the side

0617160045_zps0avml2fn.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
  • 1 month later...

Well tonight I started putting in the electrical wiring using .035 solder wire that I snagged from work. This stuff is great for wiring. If you look close, I've got glued on 4 of the 8 Reedoak elec. connectors and begun to glue the wiring in.

0729160032_Burst01_zpsthfdoaho.jpg

Hopefully next time, I will have it done.

Next I finished up the rear troop wall by finishing putting on the rivet decals ( I know, they'll be hidden by my fuel tank, but I know their still there. I'm calling it finished.

0729160046_zpsijmlzmg0.jpg

I also started on detailing the 185 gal internal tank that some of the 160th helos have on board. Thus is just an in progress shot of the tank and my scratchbuilding attempt at the fuel line fittings.

0729160032_zpsqleqnwgb.jpg

That's all for now. I AM WORKING ON IT. REALLY I AM!!!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
  • 4 months later...

Soooo, I finally got a chance to work on the MH-60M tonight. Man, it's been a long time since I worked on it and it took me a few minutes to get reoriented with my bench and model.

Being a former crew chief, and like Ramon, we sat beside the broom closets as they were called in the hawk, so I decided to tackle the bulbous top of the soundproofing and change it to more resemble the real panel.

Out came the #11 x-acto saw blade, sanding sticks and my handy dandy Dremel tool. After 2 1/2 hours of grinding, sanding, and grinding again, I finally came up with a close enough semblance of the SP broom closet.

1231160020_zpspaag0qr9.jpg

All I have to do is clean up where I had to use perfect putty and the right side will be done.

All for now until tomorrow night.

Tim