11 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Soooo, I finally got a chance to work on the MH-60M tonight. Man, it's been a long time since I worked on it and it took me a few minutes to get reoriented with my bench and model.

Being a former crew chief, and like Ramon, we sat beside the broom closets as they were called in the hawk, so I decided to tackle the bulbous top of the soundproofing and change it to more resemble the real panel.

Out came the #11 x-acto saw blade, sanding sticks and my handy dandy Dremel tool. After 2 1/2 hours of grinding, sanding, and grinding again, I finally came up with a close enough semblance of the SP broom closet.

1231160020_zpspaag0qr9.jpg

All I have to do is clean up where I had to use perfect putty and the right side will be done.

All for now until tomorrow night.

Tim

Awesomesauce! Good to see you back at your bench, Tim. That broom closet looks better already, can't wait to see more!

-Ramon

As you can see here, the tops of the broom closets are higher up the crew chief window frame and they are in a semi circle shape. 

DSC00706_zpsc8fzwcbz.jpg

That's what I want to replicate on the model. Again!!! My crew chief modeling AMS kicks in!!!

Happy New Year Guys!!!

Tim

A little more work on the right side crew chief frame wall. I scratch built the fast rope release handle from strip and rod styrene and for the handle base, I used Archers surface detail resin decals.

After that, I glued on the 4 PE window details from the Eduard MH-60S interior set.

0103170009_zpsfmwaolki.jpg

0103170018_zps0oztuywm.jpg

0103170020_zpszx4couru.jpg

Comments and critique welcome.

Tim