Looks very nice. I found the rivet decals only stayed on when I used super glue on them or quickly clear-coated over them to seal them in place. Otherwise, they kept drying out and lifting off.

• 11 months later...

Well, my MH-60M detail set came in the mail last week. All I can say is wow! This set is awesome. Chris did an excellent job on this set and I can't wait to get started again shortly.

The only bummer is that I am now gonna use the newer 200 gal fuel tank in the back of my helo, so all the work I've done on the rear wall is now for nought.

I should be starting up real soon so stay tuned! Man I can't wait till this is done. This model along with CC's upturned exhaust will make this bird really cool looking.

Tim

Well, my MH-60M detail set came in the mail last week. All I can say is wow! This set is awesome. Chris did an excellent job on this set and I can't wait to get started again shortly.

The only bummer is that I am now gonna use the newer 200 gal fuel tank in the back of my helo, so all the work I've done on the rear wall is now for nought.

I should be starting up real soon so stay tuned! Man I can't wait till this is done. This model along with CC's upturned exhaust will make this bird really cool looking.

Tim

off to a great start, Crew Dog! i will be tuning in to this forum like a favourite TV show that I can't get enough of!

Cheers!

-Ramon

Well, if you can believe it, I finally got to model again. It's been along time and I can tell my skills are rusty. I worked on the cockpit floor tonight and installed the pilot's and co-pilot's PE floor from the MH-60S set. For anybody wanting to build a nice looking hawk, get these sets instead of the UH-60 set.

They have alot more PE detail than the earlier UH-60 set.

I've also installed the co-pilot's floor armor using a set given to me by a fellow modeler. I tried to use the CC set, but newbie me broke the very tip off the part while trying to cut it away with a razor saw.

0426160336a_Burst01_zpsukgvnsqs.jpg

Don't worry about the glue spot in the middle of the box because it's going to be cut away and the under seat well scratchbuilt and put in.

By the way, these PE floors make good templates for those who are wanting to cut out the floor and make a seat well.

All critiques and comments welcome.

Until next time, clear up right!

Tim

Well, if you can believe it, I finally got to model again. It's been along time and I can tell my skills are rusty. I worked on the cockpit floor tonight and installed the pilot's and co-pilot's PE floor from the MH-60S set. For anybody wanting to build a nice looking hawk, get these sets instead of the UH-60 set.

I've also installed the co-pilot's floor armor using a set given to me by a fellow modeler. I tried to use the CC set, but newbie me broke the very tip off the part while trying to cut it away with a razor saw.

Don't worry about the glue spot in the middle of the box because it's going to be cut away and the under seat well scratchbuilt and put in.

By the way, these PE floors make good templates for those who are wanting to cut out the floor and make a seat well.

Tim

nice and precise! i think i will get that set for my Dustoff bird!

-Ramon

These sets are the cat's meow!---MEOW

Like I said in my post, these sets are needed if you want to make an accurate hawk.

Now if only Eduard would market these for the UH-60 also. Yeah, some parts are for the Seahawk, but ALOT of the parts can be used for other hawk variants. When I ordered mine awhile ago, they didn't have a big Ed set, but now they do. Buy these, and you won't be disappointed, I promise.

Hopefully I'll get to model more this weekend. Maybe by then my special edition UES set from Cobra Company will come in the mail.

Oh boy, can't wait!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

I have the Big Ed set for the UH-60L, and let me tell you this sets are not so good, there are some vital parts missing, like the 90 degree gearbox mesh, its not included in the set, but the new MH-60S set has it, i will have to buy the set just for this part.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

Wow, look at that detail in that PE floor. I'll have to grab that set as well. I broke down and purchased the CC MH-60M w/ UES resin sets. So, I really need to see how you will tackle your conversion and take notes. Help a brother out by taking a lot of WIP pics ;) Your mistakes will be my gain...jk :lol:

Mike

Tim

hey i just thought about it, and maybe you have already thought about it, but dont forget to leave a lip around your cutouts for the seat wells. if you cut exactly to match the photo etch, then you will cut off the mounting hole on the floor for the fwd seat brace. also, the fwd and aft edges of the well need a lip for the velcro on the fod covers. if you are going to install them, that is.

aside from that, i will follow your recommendation and get that set for when i get to 955 (my Dustoff bird), sometime after i finish 940(C2).

now then, hows that rotor head coming along?

-Ramon

No, I actually didn't think about it. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll remember that when I make my cuts. Thanks bro!

I haven't worked on the rotor head in awhile. It's bad enough not getting to build much, let alone 2 projects at once, but I'm not giving up on it. I still want to make the new rotor head.

Tim

I sense a shortage of these PE sets about to happen...:lol:! I am in the process of collecting materials for my first 1/35 Blackhawk (MH-60L) and I will certainly be getting this set. Great work so far. I will follow along with interest.

:cheers:

Don

Well, I did it. I tried the drill bit making alot of holes trick for cutting out the squares and that got old really quick, so I broke out the Dremel. I then walled the wells in using 2.5 MM strips and .010 styrene for the bottom pan.

That looks pretty good using my trusty ole MK1 eyeball.

0502160232_zpsa4hmdixx.jpg

After that, I glued on the pilot's floor armor after a bunch of sanding and fitting.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Tim

It looks great. Excellent job. The MH-60S PE sets are really great and add a bunch of details. I used them on my MH-60S and just loved the level of details they give.

Edited by HeavyArty

Well, I did it. I tried the drill bit making alot of holes trick for cutting out the squares and that got old really quick, so I broke out the Dremel. I then walled the wells in using 2.5 MM strips and .010 styrene for the bottom pan.

That looks pretty good using my trusty ole MK1 eyeball.

0502160232_zpsa4hmdixx.jpg

After that, I glued on the pilot's floor armor after a bunch of sanding and fitting.

Tim

Nicely done, real clean. did u start on your tank yet?

That's coming next after the cockpit. How did you line up the eduard floor on the kit floor keeping it even?

Tim

The cabin PE piece. ??/ I usually tape the front and the back then I insert the floor into the helo to make sure its even.

Got my CC set in as well and boy you weren't kid...it's awesome. Now, I'll follow your work bit more seriously and learn a thing or two to help with mine ;) I can already see I need that MH-60S PE set :D

• 2 weeks later...

So tonight, I folded and glued the boxes in front of the cockpit seats. (I've forgotten what those boxes are--too many years have gone by, but I'm sure Ramon or Erick can tell us. I also managed to put in the center console and the center console extension after alot of dry fitting and sanding. Its not glued in just yet because I still need to glue on the cabin floor cover which holds the minigun junction boxes. Alot of dry fitting is needed in order for everything to fit together.

0520160235_zpsplj3rjhq.jpg

I wish I could build as quick as you guys do, but this will be a slow build!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench