1/48 F-14B VF-102 AB105 in O.E.F.

It was placed on mid-cruise, another one was placed at the end of cruise.

It look very Good ! - and the Weathering looks ok and very good on these Pictures :thumbsup:/> :thumbsup:/>

This Batch - was not until after OEM on the Aircrafts ?

DSC_0029.jpg

I like it all, except for the Green Shirt next to the catapult shuttle - a wee bit close to the port intake to be standing up that tall? I'd replace them with a crouching figure or have them a little further away. Aside from that little point, it all looks fantastic! I love the clear canopy you have done; it allows for a near perfect view into the cockpit to see all the finer details you added.

Cheers,

Mark.

• 1 month later...

How.Cool.Is.That.!!! Very nice work, I'd just add that the exhaust petals should probably be in the 'closed' position as the GE engines produced enough thrust not to have to use AB to get off the deck. If they're not glued in situ, deflecting the stabs forward would also add that extra piece of realism.

Lovely paint work, detailing and finish, cracking display!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful model - makes me want to go and build me a Tomcat, that's how nice it is! Couple of points

1) Whats up with the LGB? Nose looks bent

2) Never seen those VF-102 tail markings before, whats it meant to be? Looks like a mis-shapen lobster.

Beautiful model - makes me want to go and build me a Tomcat, that's how nice it is! Couple of points

1) Whats up with the LGB? Nose looks bent

2) Never seen those VF-102 tail markings before, whats it meant to be? Looks like a mis-shapen lobster.

The markings are of a snake wrapped around a globe. Because of the lo-vis markings, it's hard to make out the globe. It's easily discernable on the hi-vis markings.

• 7 months later...

Hi: This is my first login in almost a year...it's been years since I've been here with any regularity.

Your Turkey looks awesome! Great weathering effects, I see no workmanship flaws - great job. I've built a handful of the 1/48 Hasegawa Tomcats, they are tricky ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...