Black Hawk "The Fighter" 1:35 scale

actually, now that i think about it, the seat does not move forwards and backwards like i said above. the yaw pedals move closer to the seat, not the other way around. the seat height is still adjustable though. my memory is not as sharp as it used to be!

I know that Canon has and is repairing it. When I bought the camera, I also bought the warranty and they pay for everything. They even sent me a box and label so when I sent them my camera to them, that was free as well. Exceptional customer service as far as I am concerned.

Richard

Thats so great ..

Thats why I like badger airbrushes . there company is great to deal with ..

Rick

actually, now that i think about it, the seat does not move forwards and backwards like i said above. the yaw pedals move closer to the seat, not the other way around. the seat height is still adjustable though. my memory is not as sharp as it used to be!

Actually the seat does slide forward and back a little bit, The release for vertical movement is under the seat on the right side and fore-aft movement is on the left side under the seat. And as stated before the pedals can adjust fore-aft also.

Dan

Actually the seat does slide forward and back a little bit, The release for vertical movement is under the seat on the right side and fore-aft movement is on the left side under the seat. And as stated before the pedals can adjust fore-aft also.

Dan

thanks for that Dan. Like i said, my memory is rapidly failing! :)/>

As I mentioned before, my camera is being repaired and I am without for another week and a half so I am using the camera on my phone.

I started to do all of the "outside" work. I started on the landing gear, chaff dispensers and I started to paint the roof part of the cabin. I decided not to order anything else for my helo because this is my first helicopter and I have made so many mistakes working on this kit, I figured I would order detail sets from Cobra on the MH-60S build I am about to do next.

Now for the pictures:

Chaff dispenser:

20150223_193740_zpsfca99c05.jpg

I am sorry that the pictures look so long but this is my phone camara that I am working with.

Now the chaff dispensers, I applied card to it so even though I put PE on it, there was a hole at the bottom of the chaff dispensers and I had to fill it.

20150223_193844_zpsa010ec50.jpg

Then I used a part that Academy told me not to use on the BlackHawk, I think that it is the flare dispenser. Please correct me if I am wrong. The flare dispenser was really bare so I had to add card to it to fill in the gaps:

20150223_193919_zps64ea4f36.jpg

20150223_194053_zpsc505b507.jpg

Richard

Then I used a brass rod to fill in the gap for the exhaust on the engines on the fuselage.

20150219_192405_zps7eabd3a1.jpg

I finish my pilots seat with the belts attached. Now I have been looking at seatbelts on the BlackHawk and it seems that there is no uniform belt color that appears in the pictures. Some of the belts are dark gray, black, and even light gray. So I decided to do my belts in grey to contract with the color of the seats. I will admit, I am terrible at coloring my belts so please forgive me.

20150222_124818_zpsccbb9841.jpg

Richard

This is the end result of my landing gear after I removed Mr. Dissolved putty from it:

20150219_192115_zps144d8885.jpg

The reason why you see the extra lead wire on the landing gear is becasue I believe the lead wire will go into the fuselage so it gives me "extra" that I can work with. I have to get pictures of the main gears because the pictures on prime portal doesn't have a lot of pictures with the landing gear.

Richard

Now this is the reason why I was thinking about getting a set from Cobra. The main IP. When I got the kit, I was planning on using part number k3 (I think that is the part) for the main IP, the ones with the LCD on them. But I didn't have any decals to put in the gauges on the IP so, without thinking, I filed that part (K3) flat to apply the PE IP to that part.

I will tell you, you shouldn't be drinking while putting together a model. :)

While I was drinking a couple of beers, I didn't pay attention to the main IP and instead of using another IP that came with the kit, I filed the wrong one. So now I have to use the PE IP for the main IP which I hate to use. THEN it came across to me that when Eduard did the PE parts for the main IP, it is not black, the PE IP is a dark purple. That totally does not match the helicopter. So now I am stuck. So I decided to add the gauges to the instrument panel, then I masked the parts that could be airbrused and colored it black so it looks a little better.

20150223_212752_zps558719b7.jpg

Then I stated to work on the wires that come out of the main IP. I think that wires looks ok but I can do a lot better but that will have to wait on the MH-60s that I am about to do.

20150223_212849_zps0b18b7b6.jpg

Richard

the latest thing that I am working on is the roof of the cabin. Last night I started to add paint to the roof section. Once that was done I started to paint the wires and etc on the roof. Now it is nowhere near done but here is a preview:

20150223_212206_zpse983237b.jpg

More updates coming.

Richard

It looks to be coming along well. The details look good. Don't worry about the IP, most people will not even notice it. The IP looks pretty good though.

Thanks for the support. I kinda looked at the IP and it doesn't look bad, but just like u said, most people won't see the ip anyway.

Richard

Thanks for all the support that you guys are showing me. It makes me feel good about my modelling. Now one update that I have, and it is not a big update because I was doing something else. I added lead wire to the IFR probe. Once again, I left a little lead wire on it just in case the cable goes into the fuselage as well. Once again, I don't have good pictures of the IFR probe to see where the cable goes. But that will take care of itself when I put the Blackhawk together.

20150222_125017_zps0936aa22.jpg

20150222_125122_zpseabc8ac8.jpg

Now I know that when you look at the picture, you can see the lead wire but I did not attach the lead wire to the IFR probe. Instead I created clasps to hold the lead wire on the IFR probe, but when you look at the picture, the clasps are so small that you may not see them in the picture.

Richard

Sorry for not updating this build but I have been busy working on it. I still have not gotten the cabin together because I am still working on my armament in the helicopter. Plus I am waiting to get the M-230 Cannon Rig from Cobra and I have to add that to the cabin as well. I have finished painting the roof:

20150226_212551_zpsg8jzyrxg.jpg

Now I didn't finish everything, I still have to add the washes on it but it is mostly done. I even did the upper console switches etc. The only thing that is missing on the upper console it the throttle switches (6 of them) but I plan on putting the controls in when I glue the cabin to the fuselage. Because with my luck, something will happen to them before I glue the cabin..

Richard

While I was looking at the cabin, I got frustrated and people have told me to take a break from the project and come back. So i did just that. I came back and started to work on the rotors. Now this is the part of the project that I am not familiar with, something that has rotors. I usually do modern age jets and WWII planes, I have never dealt with rotors so it was a little different for me. So I started with the tail rotors. I pulled out the PE (I did say I cannot stand PE parts didn't I?) and started to put the PE parts on the tail rotors.

20150228_132246_zpsvwxwuigk.jpg

20150228_132429_zps0kg3ylt3.jpg

Then I started on the main rotors as well. I put the PE parts on them:

20150228_213842_zpsoltskmuv.jpg

Then I painting the tail rotors. Now I plan on doing my Blackhawk in black (or Nato Black) instead of Olive Drab. But I did my tail rotors in Olive Drab (or a certain Olive Drab color) to take away from the all Nato Black helicopter that I plan on doing.

20150301_203836_zpst20i6ujb.jpg

20150301_204049_zpsmct5zqlm.jpg

Richard

The next thing that I did was paint the parts with MM Gun Metal and then I dry brushed the tail rotors by using MM titanium. I don't think that it looks bad.

20150301_220704_zpsqnyobr8d.jpg

20150301_213247_zpsio4bajfy.jpg

I am not sure if you guys can see the drybrushing that I did becasue I do not have good lights and once again, I am using my phone camera. I am not done with the tail rotor because I have to drybrush the blades. I am not sure what color I am applying to the small rotors, either pastel white or a dark color. If anyone has a suggestion, then please let me know. :)

Richard

Looks pretty good, but tail rotors are always all black on US Army UH-60s and MH-60s.

MH+60+Tail1304563080.jpg

45_tail_2.JPG

And USAF MH/HH-60G Pave Hawks as well.

131126-F-HW473-917.JPG

980311-F-7910D-007.jpg

The only differently colored ones are USN SH/HH/MH-60s which are usually grey.

US_Navy_050908-N-2389S-069_U.S._Navy_Lt._Wes_Goldstein_of_Rancho_Cucamonga,_Calif.,_checks_the_tail_rotor_of_his_SH-60F_Seahawk_helicopter.jpg

sh-60f_ocean_hawk_24_of_27.jpg

USCG HH/MH-60Js are usually black w/red/white/yellow tips...

3056786810_9c76b8a6bb_z.jpg

MH-60T-Jayhawk-helicopter019.preview.jpg

but are sometimes mixed w/USN grey blades.

11188086.jpg

HH60%20Tail%20Rotor.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

I also did the components of the main rotor (I am not sure what they are called) and I painted the parts with MM Gun Metal. After I painted the parts, I also drybrushed them with MM Titanium.

20150301_220628_zpshv1sdsop.jpg

Now tonight I will finish the rotors or the components of the main rotor, and I will finish the tail rotors. I still have to attach the rotor components and do some more detail painting on them. But once I get the M230 chain gun from cobra, I can figure out where the magazine boxes go inside of the cabin. I know that they go into the middle of the cabin but without the parts, I have not configured it yet within my main cabin. More updates tonight.

Richard

Looks pretty good, but tail rotors are always all black on US Army Black Hawks.

45_tail_2.JPG

And USAF MH/HH-60G Pave Hawks as well.

131126-F-HW473-917.JPG

The only differently colored ones are USN SH/HH/MH-60s which are usually grey...

sh-60b_161554_13_of_27.jpg

sh-60f_ocean_hawk_24_of_27.jpg

USCG HH/MH-6oJs are usually black w/red/white/yellow tips.

3056786810_9c76b8a6bb_z.jpg

Or sometimes mixed w/USN grey blades.

11188086.jpg

I did not know that. In the instructions, it said either the tail blades were either Black (like you suggested) or Olive drab, so I decided to paint it Olive Drab. But I will know better when I work on the Naval equivalent (MH-60S), that will be my next project. It is my first helicopter and I will get use to helo just like I did with the airplanes on color types etc. Thanks Heavyarty for the pics and the info.

Richard