Great sale on the Eduard/Academy F-4B

For those of you that have been waiting to get the Academy F-4B kit or need another one, Sprue Brothers has the Eduard "Good Morning Da Nang" boxing on sale today. This includes Eduard photo etch, resin, and decals designed by Furball. Great deal at $65 for everything you get! Ordered mine already.

Deal of the Day

Rodney

Edited by Rodney

Wow, $38 shipping to Canada.

Yeap! If the box were smaller it could go first class international, but because of the size, it gets bumped to Priority mail which is super expensive to the great white north. I hate having to fill out custom forms when I ship to Canada by Priority.

Yeap! If the box were smaller it could go first class international, but because of the size, it gets bumped to Priority mail which is super expensive to the great white north. I hate having to fill out custom forms when I ship to Canada by Priority.

I shipped 11 kits to the Staes today, a few were 1/48 Hasegawa Phantoms & F-14 kits. I paid $16.00 Expedited Air, which includes $100 insurance. I don't mind filling out the customs forms, otherwise I get less bids and less money in my pocket. I am loving the exchange rate!

The high US Postage rate is costing US mail order companies a lot of money. I am buying next to nothing from the States. Shipping from the rest of the world is much cheaper.

Wow that's harsh! I just ordered the kit along with a few other items and shipping was $6.30 to Oregon.......

Mike

I just did the math on one from Europe, $111 US shipped to my door, regular price, or $103 US from Sprue Brothers at his sale price. Not a significant discount once postage is factored in.

Edited by Scooby

Yep my kit buying has shifted to either local or Lucky Model.... Every once in a while I'll do trades cross border. As for Aftermarket I'll keep buying from Sprue Bros.... small packet shipping is still ok.

The high US Postage rate is costing US mail order companies a lot of money. I am buying next to nothing from the States. Shipping from the rest of the world is much cheaper.

I am hoping the big guys can knock some sense into the USPS. It didn't use to be this way. I fear every time I put a box in the scale for shipping to Canada, if it goes over 4 lbs it's in "priority territory"

Or go get a mailbox in the US if you live near. I realize not everyone can afford/enjoy/like/whatever/can visit(ing) the US all the time, but IO do, and take great advantage of the free shipping from Spruebros for orders over $200? and take the $30 or more dollar shipping as gas money for my trip, and we also get a "mini" vacation at the same time. Just use a mailbox place, cost $5 pr parcel and that we really can afford. Now granted I live less than 60 mins from the border...

Or go get a mailbox in the US if you live near. I realize not everyone can afford/enjoy/like/whatever/can visit(ing) the US all the time, but IO do, and take great advantage of the free shipping from Spruebros for orders over $200? and take the $30 or more dollar shipping as gas money for my trip, and we also get a "mini" vacation at the same time. Just use a mailbox place, cost $5 pr parcel and that we really can afford. Now granted I live less than 60 mins from the border...

Or become buddies with Winnie..............

Meanwhile, the kit - direct from Eduard - is only $41 if you're Czech. So Sprue Bros' sale isn't all that great anyway.

Have I mentioned that Eduard *seriously* gouge the foreign market. :angry:

No. Czech MSRP is 1115.70 Kč, which is $48.52 USD, €40.26. With the BFC discount, it's 948,35 Kč, which is $41.25 USD or €34.22

Or at least, that's what the website is showing for me when I screw around in my settings to see the Czech price. Though it's possible it's not displaying the VAT for some reason.

Still, the point stands: Eduard charges the rest of the world DOUBLE what it charges the home market, which sucks for a whole lot of modellers. And when a spectacular bargain in the US is still 30% more than they're normally charging at home, including VAT, it illustrates just how messed up Eduard's pricing structure is.

Edited by MoFo

No. Czech MSRP is 1115.70 Kč, which is $48.52 USD, €40.26. With the BFC discount, it's 948,35 Kč, which is $41.25 USD or €34.22

Or at least, that's what the website is showing for me when I screw around in my settings to see the Czech price. Though it's possible it's not displaying the VAT for some reason.

Still, the point stands: Eduard charges the rest of the world DOUBLE what it charges the home market, which sucks for a whole lot of modellers. And when a spectacular bargain in the US is still 30% more than they're normally charging at home, including VAT, it illustrates just how messed up Eduard's pricing structure is.

That is disturbing and disappointing!

It doesn't change the whole situation, but the non-BFC MSRP is 1350 Kč, your prices are without VAT (probably because you have a delivery address outside the EU).